Gold to Bronze in 3 Seasons - Thanks to leavers

I was low gold and feeling very good about my Morira play. Healing not DPSn and being a good teammate. BUT… I single que primarily because it’s hard to find regular groups. Now I’m low bronze PRIMARILY because of Leavers. Well over 1000 SR loss due to people dropping and leaving. NOW I get to deal with that AND the bronze smurfs. This game is great but broken.

4 Likes

Leavers are annoying but they don’t really affect your SR much. I find that regardless of how many leavers are in my games I tend to play within a SR range. As I near the bottom of this range I find I have a much higher impact and it is difficult to drop much further. Conversely at the top of my SR range I find it difficult to have a large impact and the inevitable drop looms.

Maybe you should switch it up. Unless there is a genji on the opposing team I find it much easier to carry with the other healers. Healing is good but you need to work on securing kills too. The supports on the other team are and you’d be surprised the difference it makes.

9 Likes

Leavers are more likely to be on the enemy team than on your own team, unless you’re doing something to create them.

3 Likes

locking moira is probably the real reason you have fallen.

I’ve only played moira 2200-2950 once back when moira was OP about 2 years ago, but moira is a terrible healer that only works legitimately in a few comps.

You either need an ana or a zen to help heal if you get dps that spread out. moira lucio is the actual legitimate comp, but you will almost never have both the correct dps and the correct tanks, but ensuring your dps get a decent amount of healing is more important than having the right tanks.

Basically, make sure to swap if you have a pharah/genji/doomfist unless the other healer can help it.

You’re probably getting leavers because of moira locking.

Most mercy players get locked to low plat because they don’t swap to ana when their team needs a main heal. most moira players get locked to low gold at highest because of their teammates picking things that can’t be healed by moira.

I can do up to mid plat by just healing the tanks and then using my own ults to carry every 1min or so, but my win rate locking moira is always inferior to what I could do on another character.

if you want to play moira, first see if the other healer can take care of healing the dps, or whether the dps is healable by moira (reaper/mei/bastion)

5 Likes

I keep trying to make zen work in bronze/silver but he never seems to provide enough value. By the time I break the enemy’s shield and even take out one or two opponents, half of my teammates are dead from taking too much damage. So often times, I’m forced to switch to main-healers instead.

3 Likes

Would you prefer backfill?

Fixed. Because you don’t know what other players (that don’t stream) go through. It could be much worse for others in the game.

2 Likes

Ah, but are you having FUN? playing the game? If not, then I shed no tears for you.

1 Like

Lmao, this game absolutely sucks

1 Like

I don’t belive this.

4 Likes

You might want to check out Tesla. He’s done a couple of bronze to gm series.

First one he played Moira as dps and heals. Ripped low ranks apart.

Second run he played her as heal bot. Lost a 800 sr game… Far slower progress as far lower sr gains as well. Moira needs to be fragging out.

If she’s not getting kills she’s a bad, low impact, pick.

5 Likes

So every loss you ever got was because of a leaver? Statistically impossible!

5 Likes

So does this same logic apply to the enemy team as well?

No, because this assumes that you (whoever “you” is) aren’t a leaver. So your team has 5 players who might be leavers, but the enemy team has 6 players who might be leavers.

4 Likes

Not leavers. I don’t smurf alot but i have accs in low masters/diamond and friends in gold plat and silver. They don’t climb because they’re not improving. I think that lower elos are hard to get out of but if you deserve it you climb. I think the reason you dropped so much was either you got boosted your setup changed or your mentality changed.

3 Likes

she literally has the lowest dps in the game except maybe brig, what

2 Likes

mmhmmmm…
I don’t think this logic holds up but we’ll go with it.

What part doesn’t work? AFAIK it’s reasonable.

Let’s say that 10% of all players will are leavers. Therefore, a random group of 6 players will have 1-0.9^6 = 47% chance of having a leaver.

But, there are only 5 random players in my games! And a random group of 5 players will only have 1-0.9^5 = 41% chance of having a leaver.

So if 10% of players are leavers, I never leave games, and I never cause teammates to leave games, the enemy team always has a 15% higher chance of having a leaver.

1 Like

Do you think there’s a higher possibility that the enemy team has a smurf tho, since there’s 6 random people there instead of 5? Would that be logical?

Doubtful that these odds always hold true, esp since to you, you get 5 random players, but 2, 3 or 4 or all 5 of those players might already be grouped as a team and you the odd man out – one leaves they all go same for the enemy team.

Again, we’ll go with your logic