Going to say this again

I dont want to backfill into a defeat screen nor do i want to backfill into a game that has seconds left… As a matter of fact i dont want to backfill.

Please give us the option to remove backfill

3 Likes

Roll a hero you can carry on and try to turn it around. Either way, it’s free XP. :roll_eyes:

ok yes carry… with under 10 seconds to go… or even better the defeat screen… good one… show you know how to read

2 Likes

Slippery slope

/end.

Except I don’t care about the XP I just want to have a good game. Insta-losing is not fun at all

4 Likes

And I’m going to say it again,
Just say “oh nice, 400 xp for 5 secs, I’ll take it and move on to the next game in which I will probably not get the same thing”
Stop crying. Just move on.

Also, about your topic’s name:

Not all backfill games start at the last 10 seconds of the match. Lol, triggered much?

Okay, I’ll say what I saw another guy say. Stop being so easy to crack. You’re backfilling because you’re the first one that does so. If you go a third DPS, then chances are (at least in high ranks) if one isn’t working they’ll switch to the other role. Also, you can pick faster and not sit there until your team fills up, you’re the only one to not have chosen and you go on the forums to complain about backfilling.

Here’s a solution… don’t backfill then! Nobody is forcing you to!

I think you misunderstood… Backfill is when you join into a game. Generally a losing game where the game has less than a min to go.

They need to either remove it so you choose to backfill or make it so backfill doesnt happen if there is a min left

4 Likes

Not like Blizzard gives you any other moment in-game to take a leak or get a drink, etc., unless you want to be kicked for a ridiculously small timeframe of inactivity /shrug

I also happen to not agree with that forum rule. More “parenting” from Blizz. Though, I suppose that matter is irrelevant as whole, in this situation.

Oof sorry I just woke up and thought you meant fill. I’m stupid, sorry.

On the actual topic it sucks but there isn’t anything Blizz can do, a 5v6 isn’t deserved. If it matters that much, find a qp, get a full team, and stay in that game for consec. matches and you’ll have a full team. Somebody has to backfill, and because you can’t choose that’s why they give extra XP for it.

Leaver penalties should be harder. You think about leaving a game 10secs before its over if you gotta wait a minute to queue again.

Start banning people from play

It’s only 400xp. Hardly worth it. I don’t want to sit in a 3-5 minute queue, only to be slapped with a defeat screen, or a real shyte snowball with no chance of recovery with 30 seconds on the clock. God forbid we want to PLAY the game we paid for and enjoy a round for longer than a minute.

2 Likes

Overwatch is designed under the philosophy that any game is winnable.

Backfill exists for the same reason that Overtime does, no matter how far behind you are, you still (theoretically at least) have a shot at winning the game.

The system isn’t perfect, I think leaver punishments should be harsher and backfill rewards should be greater, but the system exists for a reason.