Going on Hiatus until something gets fixed. šŸ˜£

The might as well add his personal shield back and revert his ability to turn 180*. This would kill pirate ship comps because if you get behind him, then he canā€™t turn around.

That was the counterplay bastion had before, but people complained that his limited turn radius made it unfun when people got the drop on him. Well, back then with his laser beam headshots and personal shield, if someone got behind you then you were in a bad position or got out played.

I honestly think beta bastion would be a massive improvement right now.

1 Like

Bastion is a niche hero. He isnā€™t meant to be played on every map and with every team comp. If youā€™re not having fun with him itā€™s because youā€™re forcing Bastion into an unfavorable situation

As much as i would like the shieldā€¦ we now have Sombraā€¦ X3

She would literally still make Bastion unplayable, if he had this turn limit.

Remember, she canā€™t hack through shields.

Bastion wouldnā€™t be able to be slept either with his shield up. Or spammed down with storm arrows, or vollied to death by zen.

Remove his healing, and ā€œaddā€ it in shield form and suddenly heā€™s a lot better. (imo)

1 Like

Andā€¦ hereā€™s the ā€œNicheā€ Argument.

Itā€™s not that i play Bastion no matter where i amā€¦ Itā€™s that WHEN I DO Play bastion, i literally cannot get kills, when i should have the advantage.

Iā€™m with ya, no need to attack me. They also increased his spread so you could also add ā€œless chance to hit and actually do that damageā€

2 Likes

At first, the memory of shielded Bastion in the corner gave me shivers, but I feel like thereā€™s enough shield penetration nowadays to make that work.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also enough spam to melt shield now too, yes. Bastion would also be forced to move when his shield was broken in order to regen it. Meaning if you broke bastions shield chances are he was running away.

1 Like

I still feel like the Turn Limit wouldnā€™t work nowadaysā€¦ But unless the shield is Stuck in place, people wouldnā€™t like the shield without something like thatā€¦

All i want is headshots and lowered spread.
So when i DO Shoot someone in the head, they actually die.

The thing about the limited radias was that you were supposed to be positioned out of the mix. So the chances of getting flanked were lower. (You know, with that awesome laser beam)

1 Like

Niche needs to go die in a hole. Itā€™s an excuse to keep a bad hero, bad. All other ā€œnicheā€ heroes are getting buffs and reworks so get that non existent argument out of here.

1 Like

Yea, butā€¦ With the Mobility and Also, Sombra, lol.

Genji, Tracer, And Sombra will Always Find a way Behind Bastion.

ā€œNicheā€ is just the wrong word. Bastion is ā€œspecializedā€.

1 Like

Yes. Bastion specializes in birb beeps.
And dying to every hero in this game.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s even worse. Heā€™s ā€œspecializedā€ to do bad. He only works in pirateship and that is hard countered by Grav+Dragonstrike which is super meta.

1 Like

Well, this sure did get a LOT More attention than i thought it even wouldā€¦

2 Likes

Brig is now your new best friend.

1 Like

Ahā€¦ that would be a good thingā€¦ If Bastion was buffed.

But till then, iā€™m not going to be playing much.
(If at all)

I love Bastions when I play Mercy. I damage boost them and we break all of the shields.

1 Like

But then the shield holding heroes, break the Bastions. ;-;
And probably their healersā€¦