Going by the Numbers

It is buff, making something more better is buff, if it’s wasn’t a buff the mei icicle falloff isn’t a buff it is revert, mercy healing nerf isn’t a nerf it is revert.

Valkyrie isn’t zen ult it isn’t suppose to outheal ALL damage or she will be a better zen, valk best used in big fight for health+damage boost.

to OP:

the 10/23 changes to Mercy are a buff

pure simple mathematical fact

1 Like

Literally every hero holds LMB to get their ult. That’s kind of how they get the charge. By using their primary fire. Shocker, I know.

2 Likes

I could say the same for Zarya. Zarya is SUCH an easy freaking hero to play. Dear lord, I think she’s even easier than all the other tanks combined (personal preference), so why does she have such a game-changing ult when she isn’t hard at all to play? I’m not even being sarcastic. Zarya is so easy, and I question why tf she is classified as 3-star when she has the difficult level of Soldier.

1 Like

Alright, this is a more reasonable statement if still quite arguable when comparing with Brigitte and Moira.

They also use other abilities to get their ult, They have to aim, and actually fight the enemy. Mercys only effective way of getting ult charge is clicking a button. Its literally an undeniable fact, you look in the general direction of a team mate and click a button.

Im just saying its incredibly easy for her to get ult. Like, insanely easy. Symmetra is similar in the way her ult is easy to get, she pretty much only holds one button and her ult isnt all that.

Mercys power lies in her rez, her extreme mobility, her survivability. Not her ult.

1 Like

Zarya is very cooldown dependant. Mercy is not. Yeah, her rez is a very long cd but its more situational for when you rez rather than based around a cooldown.
Her ult also charges a LOT slower than Mercys. Her ult got nerfed. Her ult is only game changing when others contribute.

People aren’t mad that Valkyrie isn’t Zen level. They’re mad that it does everything for the Mercy player, which makes it an EXTREMELY boring ultimate. If LMB was already easy to balance, I hope you have fun not having to balance who you’re healing, all the while not even feeling the exhilarating of trying to survive mid-fight, since you’re 50m in the air!!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Right yeah, I think valk is boring. Id rather they changed how her ult is played, because I like being able to fly wherever as her.
Mercy is made for people who are new to games, so it does actually make sense valk does everything for her.
Ill agree with you on that, valk is boring. But then again, everything about Mercy isnt going to be as exhilarating as others when she was never designed to be a challenging hero to play.

2 Likes

CD dependency doesn’t make a hero difficult. Again, Soldier for example. He is very CD dependent for strong damage and/or survivability, yet is a 1-star hero. Zarya is the Soldier of tanks and doesn’t deserve even 2 stars.

Also, it isn’t NOT hard for a team to hold LMB on targets standing still in a black hole. Let’s not pretend like that takes any form of skill or is challenging in any way. It’s extremely difficult to screw up a grav. The only way you can screw it up is when you do it when there aren’t others to follow up or an enemy Zen. That’s about it.

Under this logic, 50hps wasn’t a nerf. It was just a revert.

3 Likes

To put it briefly, Mercy’s changes are a buff to live Mercy but not a buff compared to Mercy three months ago.

1 Like

I can agree with this to an extent. With Mass Res, it was an “all or nothing” ultimate that made everything extremely exhilarating because you had to survive through that ultimate and keep your team up. Most times, after Mercy ulted, all hell would break loose and pretty much every ult on both sides was unleashed, which was super exciting and fun. You were trapped in that fight and had to kill your way through it to win. Now you just fly away and hope your team is having fun down there while you stay safely (and boringly) in the clouds.

It’s an indirect revert to her HPS nerf.

In a sense, it was a revert.

1 Like

Honestly it feels like Blizz is a bully that took away our ice cream cone then says ‘Here, you can have one scoop, I’m so generous aren’t I, giving you free gifts’

1 Like

Ser. Ana had 45% WR while Mercy was enjoying a solid 50% (why 50? Because there’s a Mercy on BOTH teams). Now Ana has double Mercy’s pick rate but the same 49% WR.

So what ‘facts’ are there to support that Mercy is ‘broken’ other than feelings?

So you could say that this Mercy is as good as old Mercy with that flawed logic.

I mean, yeah? Except she feels like garbage to play. So yay for all of that work on the rework. We came a long way.

Regardless, this buff was in response to her HPS nerf, although the overall changes are still a net loss. They could have just reverted the nerf.

Yeah, so a single ult forces both teams to play a certain way. That’s what I call broken. It’s both potentially too powerful and also extremely bad at the same time. Scratch that, I don’t wanna feel ‘impactful’ by just pressing a single button. I’d rather every action I do matter, and no, if you’re just flying up when valking and not even scouting singled out enemies or trying to finish them with her unlimited ammo, then you’re exactly playing her boringly, don’t blame the ability.

1 Like