*goes one dev update without mentioning mercy*

Brigitte Spaghetti Movement?

1 Like

Brigitte Spaghetti movement has been deployed. Peace shall be achieved sir. (wheatly… are you a sir or madam? I’ve never asked lol)

1 Like

Yes because no one is tired of the constant mercy spam

That rework was SO SUCCESSFUL it took something around 10-12 nerfs (i’ve lost count) to make her seem balanced again to those constantly complaining
/sarcasm

2 Likes

This is my new favorite topic. If this were reddit, you sir would receive my goldest of stars! (Well, the initial post and sentiment behind it. Can’t speak on behalf of the replies)

The end result of those nerfs is a balanced hero without mechanics that the developers didn’t want in their game.

Which mechanics are you talking about? Rez is still in game, crippled as it is now, but it’s still there.
Also we’ll see how balanced they think she currently is. Because as far as I remember, the last time they considered her “balanced” she received another nerf a few weeks later…

And last but not least there’s no way you’re going to convince me it takes around 12 nerfs in a row after a so called “extremely successful rework” to be really considered successful.
It doesn’t make sense no matter how you try to turn things around.

Mass Rez is the mechanic I’m talking about.

The rework itself wasn’t perfect but the end result is fine.

The developers didn’t want Mass Rez in the game. They removed it.

Balance isn’t a democracy.

For those people I just want to say one simple thing: watch the video again and pay attention when he talks about the support changes, then you’ll see she was NOT ignored.

At this point I’m starting to believe that those people are so selective with what they want to hear, that anything else is 100% ignored.

It was said that they like how the support buffs/nerfs changed the game, so there you have it, that includes the hero they want to hear so much about, but this got ignored and why? Because it’s not saying she will be changed back to whatever the hell she was before.

It’s actually correct to think the community is ignoring what the dev team says about this topic, than the other way around.

2 Likes

There are almost no bastion and hog mains though, while mercy mains are plenty.

Actually they removed it for 2 main reasons 1. They thought it encouraged Hide and Seek (Titanium talked about it in his posts and I’m not here to explain it) 2. Because some crybabies thought that getting their beloved kills undone by Mercy was a little too harsh on their egos and whined about it till they reworked her.

You can make a game by devs for devs but i’m not sure how well it’s going to work.
They said they’d listen to community feedback so I don’t know why we shouldn’t provide plenty of it

mercy mains be like: if we dont buff mercy, she’ll be as trash as hog reaper and bastion D: we cant let that hapoen, think about all the mercy mains :frowning:

I take all of Titanium’s opinions with a grain of salt, they block anyone who disagrees with them / goes against what they’re saying despite evidence given and dismiss them as a ‘troll’.

Even more misinformation being spread by a Mercy player, I said it before, balance isn’t a democracy, Blizzard isn’t run by a team of DPS sympathizers who balance the game around DPS players getting their way, no matter how much you pretend that’s how it is. Mercy got mass rez removed because the developers didn’t believe it was a healthy mechanic for their game. The end.

Mercy players have been asking for a revert since the rework went to PTR almost a year ago (It might even be a over year ago at this point, I don’t remember), if the developers haven’t brought back mass rez at this point the 1,000,000th request to do so won’t have any more impact on their decision than the other 999,999.

It’s pretty clear that the developers don’t want mass rez in their game so you should stop wasting your time asking for it back. Whining over Mercy being ‘unfun’ or spreading misinformation while pretending that ‘the evil dps players getting salty’ had any impact on Mercy being changed is just sad.

1 Like

I will quote Kaplan words on the developer update posted the 24/08/2017 at 1:48 mins in the video

Let’s say you’re a team that puts lots of effort into getting a full team wipe. You use […] on the enemy team. It’s pretty disheartening to have Mercy just erase that moment with a full team rez

Look, i’m sorry but i’m not sorry that mass rez was so disheartening. I don’t jump of joy either when McCree oneshots me on top of a building but guess what… I deal with it.

1 Like

You’re ignoring the fact that there’s many factors that go into a team of game developers deciding to change a character or mechanic.

They don’t just sit down at a table and go “It’s not fun for _______ to happen” and find a way to remove it, if they did then they’d have nerfed Widowmaker by now because it’s objectively not fun to be headshot and instantly die at any range because someone clicked a dot. They haven’t nerfed Widowmaker though, showing that there’s other factors that go into a hero being changed. What’s stated in a developer update obviously isn’t the be-all-end-all factor in their decisions.

1 Like

The mercy rework is the single most problematic change the devs did so far. Making her a must pick with pickrates highest ever. Took them months to remove her as a must pick and a year in total to balance her. Considering all that i think it warrants for them to at least say a few words about it since it practically affected or inconvenienced nearly the entire playerbase for a year

2 Likes

How convenient to just say “there must be some other factors in addition to those Jeff stated in the dev update”.
Yeah there might be other factors but the dev team could have talked about them earlier on the forum and make good use of the feedback provided instead of branding their one sided rework a success (which clearly wasn’t) and not-so-silently going on a nerfing spree

1 Like

You’d have to be seriously delusional to think there wasn’t other factors.

‘Fun’ will never be the sole reason a developer team makes balance changes.

As for the nerfs afterwards, the end result is Mercy being in a good spot balance-wise so there shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

If there were other factors it’s NOT up to me to make wild guesses in order to make sense for their sorry excuse of a rework.

Also for the umpteenth time, most of Mercy players are not discussing about her being balanced (which could be or not be i’m not here to discuss it), but the fact she’s unfun to play after that myriad of nerfs and rework that basically turned her into the opposite of what she should’ve been: an agile and mobile main healer

Thank you,spam never dies unlike mercy