GM Samito gets grouped with GOLD player

Saw a video about it. It seems this way. Especially on support one time you have a dps much higher than you and the next time you get -1000 SR clown show

2 Likes

Wonder how the “you’ll climb if you’re good and match making is fine” commenters will twist this proof.

4 Likes

Obviously you can still climb, but instead of getting good matches you have to deal with +1 pubstomps and -1 clown fiesta that are washes. Sure they cancel each other out on average but why should we have to deal with it in the first place.

Bad match making doesn’t make anyone happy

4 Likes

Meh. I’m over it. I haven’t played for a year before OW2. I got to and passed my best in OW1 recently after couple weeks. But games are same. Either GET DEMOLISHED and can’t even get out of spawn. OR destroy enemy and they can’t even get out of spawn. Nothing in between. 1 tank and no shields is absolutely more fun game. But matchmaker ruined it again for me. I’ll get my 3-4 hours / day back again which is nice.

This is to a point where stuff is happening where they said it shouldn’t, that’s like… I dunno, lying (or just very ignorant of their own system).

Lying and being dishonest plus the overall desire to push people towards a fixed outcome (there’s a desire and it might not happen per game but it happens per career) makes this matchmaker by definition RIGGED.

Now someone before had me on the fence about the dishonesty part. But now with evidence this crap is rigged by definition.

All you had todo was try role avg mmr!

3 Likes

This is just proof that Blizzard decided to hide ranks in-game and are favouring queue times over better matchmaking.

Here’s an idea Blizzard : Give us the option of enabling high quality matchmaking with the caveat that we have longer queue times.

By doing that, those of us that value quality over quantity can opt for better matchmaking and those that don’t care or rather get into a game fast can keep the option disabled.

On any case, you can’t call it competitive mode if you’re prioritizing queue times over quality of matchmaking.

6 Likes

Both this clip, and you misunderstood what mm actually does, stacking “gold player” with top500. The reason is that “gold” player were hard smurfing and probably had a winrate above 90% which raised his MMR to the point that he matched top500 lobbies having his golden rank not updated or not matched his actual rating yet.
Watching u2GM challenges from A10, I saw him playing in gm2 lobby while being diamond 5. So it is the case where anti-smurf comes into play I guess. The same it works in Valorant, you stomp around 5 games, and you can be put into diamond lobby as silver. Simple as that. And, btw, you can clearly see that sombra was keeping up considering his stats in TAB.

4 Likes

Is he gm? I don’t remember him being better than Masters

1 Like

Within 7 wins you cannot go from gold to gm. Nice try tho.

2 Likes

You don’t need your rank icon to change in order to play in a different lobby. MMR is hidden, that gold player could have 90% winrate or even above, which matched him higher. Read all the post with given examples.

Why were there never gold players with rank 60 dps in OW1 one lobbies then?

Things actually feel mostly fine on dps and tank bc both have so much carry, but when you play support it’s just like random pub stomps or clown shows.

Because there were no anti-smurf system implemented. However, you get players of much lower ranks in gm/top500, like diamonds in order to build matches still, even they were out of SR gap

Unless Blizzard made a change they didn’t tell us about, it is supposed to be impossible for a GM player to play with a Gold player because their SR(hidden) is more than 1000 in the difference.

Stop talking BS about a system you don’t understand.

I’ve noticed on support I get good games at peak hours.

The real pub stomps and clown shows occur at weird hours bc they make it so it’s desperate for supports so throw them into +1000 or -1000 SR games.

Also the problem with the pub-clown games at off hours is that they trend all support players back to the average SR vs having agency to go up or down.

Your wasting your time.

Your unofficial.

The scenario your suggesting is highly unlikely and cannot be verified.

What we do have is countless stories of horrible games and puzzlement and now video evidence.

3 Likes

They can’t hide facts, if you have experience in abusing this stupid matchmaker algorithm, you would know the issue. I know how all this works, and it sounds like BS for you because you have no clue.

Like everything else in this game, it’s all about money. Competitive integrity is gone, they don’t want to risk people leaving the game or not even queuing at all due to the wait. So they throw players together regardless of their rank. It’s a game designed for casuals now and all about hooking players into the battlepass, getting them invested and then selling them cosmetics in the shop. They might as well go ahead and remove the competitive mode altogether.

At least we know why Jeff left now.

1 Like

That means the SR system is broken. Fresh account SR/rating should jump up quickly to match MMR but a 2000 SR gap?

How do you know how many games he played? He might have started in b5 (the lowest rank) then he climbed to gold1 with a 100% winrate, system detected him as a smurf, then it put him in different ranks to adjust his MMR, which is hidden, while career profile shows gold still. If he loses that top500 lobby he will have his MMR adjusted lower, then back and forth until he reaches his actual MMR then it will match shown SR and icon.

You don’t understand how it works, there is no 2000 of actual SR gap, the only thing that is broken here is that this golden player is not golden at all, but his rank icon deceives everybody. He has MMR matching the lobby, and that is the only reason he had gotten to that match.

What rank was Samito in, in that match?

Using the OW1 system: A fresh account will see gains of 75 to 100 SR once the system realizes you’re high ranked. But–except for Tanks in OW1–you’d never see Gold or Plat players matched with GMs.

Instead it would place you roughly in your new rank. Even if this smurf was in game #7 after a six game winning streak, the smurf would be in high Diamond or Low Masters games at best.

Now if they changed the system, so that the new system allows players to streak faster–and there’s zero evidence of this–it’s actually worse than the old system.