GM - 15/31 heroes below 1% pick rate

Ok – qualifying remark, OUTSIDE of Overwatch League live broadcasts. If OWL isn’t live then they have trouble peaking top 15 games these days. I won’t even get into the fact that people earn in game rewards just by putting OWL in the background…

1 Like

Why would I prefer equally terrible analogies?

Stop calling the kettle black, pot

Balancing player experience is just as important as balancing the game.

I don’t care if a hero is garbage at the highest level of gameplay. If they are making the lower ranks unplayable something has to change

You are literally objectively incorrect by definition

Nice job!

Because role que needed a balance change.

Everyone knew that.

Except for blizzard apparently.

Or maybe they do know that, but they messed up so much with the balancing that they don’t even know how they can start fixing things.

2-2-2 lowered the majority of Damage hero pickrates because 3+ DPS was common in most ranks and now it’s banned

2 Likes

I was wondering how long it would take for this reply. Wasn’t long at all.

In Blizzard’s defense here, a dev did reply to someone post saying they knew about role queue for about a year and were already getting ready for balance changes. They went on to state that they still want more data before hand though before they start doing changes.

2nd place is just 1st place loser. Duh.

“There’s no prize for coming in second!” -Torb

1 Like

Most competitive games balance from the top-down. Any smart developer does that, Overwatch is no different.

I new Dva was going to be on that list, she is total trash

knew*

And it’s obvious you just don’t know how to play her. I’ve been maining her since the start, and never, ever, had an issue.

Oh look a private profile.

Yeah I think we’re done here.

1 Like

Yea. Data. That’s how it’s always been. We’re waiting for you guys to throw up in your mouths anytime you’re playing this game, until finally after 5 months, we put those changes in PTR, for them to stay there for another month and finally on live.

It took them 2 weeks to handle the broken bastion. that was 2~3 years ago.

Now? 7 months of mercy being the most broken hero in the game. Same amount for goats dominating. They kept power creeping again and again. Nerfing d.va over and over. Buffing healers left and right. Adding new healers that can survive the apocalypse.

They lost any and all chances of redemption or trust, when mercy was reworked into that monstrosity and remained that way for half a year.

I don’t care if a hero is crap in GM. If that hero is demolishing lower ranks it needs to be changed. You can’t maintain a game with only GM players - fact.

Again, the balance of the player experience matters just as much if not more than the balance of the game

I dont get this mentality. Look at the last “competitive” game to balance around casuals, fortnite. As much as we all hate it already, adding all that **** wrecked the competitive scene. No real competitive game ever has or ever will balance around casuals. Dont be surprised when bad players cant counter easy things, thats why they are bad.

I never said balance around casuals

Nice strawman

I said balancing the player experience is just as important if not more important than balancing the actual game.

No one will play a perfectly balanced game if it sucks to play

I dont know about you but gold and plat players are pretty casual to me. Theres no meta in platinum to even balance around. Nothing is consistent, plat is chaos. Balancing around a rank like that is far too impractical even if you wanted to.

If you’re going by Overbuff data may I remind you that this was Ashe’s winrate just yesterday

They need more time to get accurate data

Again, you are seemingly intentionally missing the point.

Not worth bothering with. See ya later

Disagree. It does show how some heroes potential get limited and shadowed by other specific heroes with the hands of the highest skill but it doesn’t reflect how most of the players’ experience.

Genji and zen are still in almost every game in plat and diamond, where most of the players are.

This is true. If people are successful with objectively bad hero in low ranks, it probably means that the hero takes no skill to play effectively.