Glad Genji got buffed so he can get nerfed to F Tier like D.Va for a year <3

Title.

Nerf this!

Thats what’s going to happen. Mark my words. And i’m glad.

#NerfGenji2020

14 Likes

Dang

Now I’m glad D.va is apparently F tier

3 Likes

i support #nerfgenji but this is blizzard they’ll keep him like this for at least the rest of owl

12 Likes

well someone is optimistic.

3 Likes

I am kinda curious what year DVA was F-tier. Other than Lucio I cannot think of a hero who has had more time as a meta hero. I know she has had a bad couple months here and there but I cannot think of a single full year where she was F tier.

3 Likes

She is f tier for low tiers (diamond too) where zarya is the best tank and the best dps.

I am asking about what year, with a year being a period of 12 months, was DVA F-tier?

Also,nothing diamond or lower is F-tier except maybe Sombra.

While she’s mostly stayed meta in OWL, she’s been statistically the worst or 2nd worst Tank for probably a year at this point (even in the highest ranks) on ladder. And she was only mediocre (again, ladder wise) before that.

5 Likes

A difference between Genji and D.va is that D.va was meta ever since launch until RQ. Genji was meta only during Dive.

D.Va wasn’t meta until season 3. She was a horrible character before season 3.

7 Likes

Being meta in the past is utterly irrelevant. It does not affect the current game at all.

Honestly, I wish D.Va had ever been as good as her haters say, rather than her just having almost no competition for 3 years.

9 Likes

K I was wrong. She was meta for 14 seasons. Genji only 6-7 of those.

1 Like

But people love to bring up the “had their time to shine” arguments in situations like these.

Again, irrelevant. People can ‘love to bring up’ whatever they want; Balance isn’t about sharing, you don’t leave a hero terrible or busted just because they haven’t been before. And Genji has never been as bad on ladder as D.Va has been for the last year.

5 Likes

no way

he might get a slap on the wrist and that’s it

She the meta tank before that (aka GOATS where she was meta for the entire year of it) so no she was far better than mediocre.

Meanwhile just earlier this year she spent a decent length as the 2nd best tank when she had the 3 second boosters so she did not spent a year in F-tier. None of your claim was true.

While yes meta, she was the third and most commonly replaced Tank in GOATs. Also, I dunno why you’re bringing up GOATs when it’s been impossible for a year and I made it quite clear I’m talking about her ladder performance, where GOATs wasn’t that common to begin with and where Orisa comps were already rising well before Role Queue dropped.

And fyi, your “decent length” was only January 16 to March 12.

1 Like

GOATS was mandatory on ladder and I talked about it because you called her mediocre before that when she was demonstrably not (more than a year ago was GOATS and you went GOATS or lost and going GOATS meant going DVA).

Meanwhile 2 months is not an insignificant length of time. That is about the same length as of now that we have been in a double shield meta. For this year we have had 3 separate tank metas each encompassing about 1/3 of the year with DVA being for 1/3 of it.

Basically making claims that are wildly inaccurate serves only to weaken your arguments when the facts basically say that DVA has never spent a year at F-tier. She is not even F-tier now, but spending 4 months as not A-tier is around her record longest.

Goats was never mandatory, in fact overall of ladder on average DPS Support and Tank all made up around 1/3 of the heroes played throughout Goats. I checked this multiple times during goats and it barely changed. The only place it was used a lot was high masters and up.

D.Va was balanced, then we got Brig and 6 nerfs in a row, then Sigma. Now she’s a throw pick and they often use Zarya in Winston comps in OWL instead of her now. She has fallen further than maybe any other hero in the history of the game. I get yelled at for picking her in QP, never mind comp.

And again, for the people purposefully ignoring it, a hero’s previous strength has nothing to do with the current balance of the game. Arguing that it’s ok for a hero to be good or bad now based on how they performed multiple patches ago is completely stupid.

5 Likes

I am not talking about the lower end of the ladder. Right the game is balanced at the lower end of the ladder. A year ago the game was balanced at the lower end of the ladder. A year from now the game will likely be balanced at the lower end of the ladder. DVA and has been fine at that end.

The only area where the game was at all imbalanced (and will continue to be) is at the top and at the top GOATS was mandatory. Nobody wanted to play GOATS but there was no true option. DVA was a part of GOATS and an important one. When you are one of the mandatory heroes you are S-tier.

Also for that previous power, the fundamental premise of this thread is that DVA has been “F-tier for a year”. That premise is a lie. That premise became the topic of the thread because the OP decided that lie was more important than the actual truth about her current state in order to garner imaginary sympathy points. The problem is when you start arguing provably false things it taints everything else in your argument.

1 Like