Giving Junkrat 50 More HP?

yes, junkrat certainly isnt useless but he is underpowered, two different things

He’s far from useless, it’s just his fans want him a must pick, and Blizz doesn’t.

He was never a must pick.

that doesnt change the fact that junkrat is underpowered, he needs buffs because he was nerfed poorly. they made an already very inconsistent hero more inconsistent

1 Like

The least they could do is take away his bomb damage falloff.

1 Like

huge junkrat thread i made you should check it out

I don’t think the latest primary fire hitbox reduction was necessary, so that can be reverted.

Otherwise I think the hero’s fine.

1 Like

That’s debatable…

1 Like

Maybe at the top end of things, but certain not everywhere else.

this is copied right from my thread:

the current nerf makes Junkrat’s weapon so inconsistent that it is only reliable at close range. His projectile size is reduced by 33%. I’m sure some of you think this change is marginal. However, note that Junkrat has the second largest projectile weapon in the game (second only to Mei’s icicles). When you take a large projectile and shrink it by 33%, the difference is extreme. People who don’t play Junkrat or haven’t tried the nerf don’t understand how brutal the change is. It makes hitting direct shots extremely unreliable.

Note that Junkrat has the second slowest projectile weapon in the game, second only to Symmetra’s alt fire. When you mix the 2nd slowest projectile with a small projectile size and a 5-shot clip, you’re left with a very inconsistent weapon.

Some say this change just requires Junkrat to aim more. They’re wrong. Making a weapon harder to use–especially when you’re dealing with projectile size and speed–cannot be written off as making it “higher skill.” There comes a point when a gun’s projectiles are so slow and small that nerfing them just makes the gun inconsistent, not “higher skill.”

This is the point Junkrat is approaching. His shots are so slow and small that it becomes random whether or not you hit. It just requires you to spam more. This change makes Junkrat SPAM MORE , because he can’t hit what he’s aiming at. Not because he’s bad, but because what he’s aiming at can just step out of the way of a perfectly aimed shot.

3 Likes

It isn’t either-or, Junkrat can do both and that is his strength. Junkrats that can land the sickest of airshots will still spam chokepoints when there’s nothing better to do, because it’s easy value.

Revert the grenade nerf and maybe even reduce his crit box.

It’s almost like they nerfed and destroyed his primary when they really should have made his ult take longer to get.:thinking:
He is a “spam and hope your tire gets enough kills every team fight” bot. his ult is all he got going for him. I agree it’s stupid how fast he gets it but that aint really a good point when he is objectively a weak hero. he needs something.

But his damage and ultimate make him worth picking

if he is getting ult that much it’s because your team is feeding the junkrat. wth, stop overexaggerating

2 Likes

This is why he should have self-damage, people underestimate his ability to indirectly kill people and are using him for close-quarters

And because there’s this thing called “area denial”. Junkrat is supposed to spam shots into doorways, and hallways, and small rooms, and choke points, etc. We do that to convince you to waste time looking for another way through, and if you persist you get punished with oodles of damage.

“He was just spamming, therefore it was no-skill!”

Anyone who claims that is absolutely right. Except, the real skill-less wonder is his target for not respecting the area denial.

2 Likes

Eh, give Pharah 250 HP, she could use some more.

Junkrat was fine before the grenade size decrease.
All he needed was a ULT charge nerf. Like 15-20% longer to get ULT.

BUT the Blizz devs always like to not go with what everyone wants and they nerfed him their own way, which didnt really make much sense.

1 Like

See, I always thought of Junk as being focused on area-denial and not necessarily getting kills… Kind of like Mei or pre-rework Torb. I think he’d be better off with his original grenade size and just less damage. He’d still have the same utility that way.