Give us more avoid slots

Every game I want to avoid someone… just give us more. Give us at least 20 ffs blizzard. Tired of ending up in the same game with the person I avoided 3 games ago

8 Likes

Yeah, I think the game could use a few more avoid slots.

If you avoid people the often, I’m inclined to believe they aren’t the problem.

You’d be surprised on how many toxic people are in this game. Or people that refuse to ever shield tank…

2 Likes

You obviously don’t play on console.

There smurf accounts are free to make so there’s zero player accountability.

Smurfs will do and say what they want unafraid of any repercussions, because if their smurf account gets silenced or suspended then they can just make another for free.

This is why there needs to be more Avoid slots. A lot more than the paltry 3 they’ve given us. It’s like Blizzard don’t even play their own game on the live servers.

The duration also needs to be permanent, not a week, because you can rest assured that for whatever reason someone is avoided they’ll be doing that same thing a week later.

2 Likes

Thanks for proving my point
If you’re so immature that you avoid someone for not playing a hero with a shield when they play tank, you don’t deserve access to avoids in the first place.

I think 5 avoid slots is perfect. Sometimes you get that perfect storm of unawareness in your teammates, and you avoid 3, but get the other 2 in every single game after. They might have to revise a few things for the higher ranks, but it’s needed badly in plat.

1 Like

It’s not about maturity. I don’t even complain to them but if you refuse to ever play shield tank on Defense you are throwing and I rather not auto-lose a game so the avoids are handy.

You know, queue times for dps would probably get far better with more and more avoid slots. Eventually, the terrible players will get so many avoids that they would never make a match. Leaving the proper DPS players to queue at a nice rate.

On top of that, there are so few tanks - followed by support - that blocking these players would have no impact on their queue.

Need about 25-50 spots IMO. About once an hour I have to cycle by avoid three with another three.

Either more spots, or they need to seriously re-think allowing people to leave games. It gets very irritating to have to sit through a timed game where one or more players have stopped playing, left, or the other team is no where even close to being a match to the other team.

The other choice I guess, is to just stop playing. Don’t have to worry about avoiding people, or sitting in boring games, or dealing with poorly matched teams.

All top issues the community has been bringing up since the first/second seasons. Not one single effective thing has been done to correct it. Clearly, no one cares.

2 Likes

Your attitude and poor mindset is EXACTLY the type of person that needs avoided.

1 Like

If a person ques tank in comp his job is to tryhard tank.

Not play dps in disguise

2 Likes

And?
I fail to see how not playing shields = jot try harding
There’s a reason I have an 82% winrate and am at 3376(Second highest on all my accounts( one tricking WRECKING BALL of all heros.
But nah, I obviously meed to be avoided because I’m not playing a shield in the current meta.

You people are perfect examples of who doesn’t need avoids at their disposal.

I agree as well. It’s actually really easy to spot throwers in games now, despite what most people say. They’re the ones who are idling about in some random spot on the map or throwing themselves off cliffs for no reason.

Can’t we just get more slots to avoid clear throwers like these since the game clearly doesn’t do anything about throwers? At least give us some control about who we choose to play with =/

1 Like

So you just totally ignore the part where we need to avoid toxic teammates.
I’m gonna add throwers too.
Toxic teammates = loss 90% of the time.
Throwing teammates = loss 99.9% of the time.
And it wasn’t just the ones on my team. Spotting them and avoiding them when they’re on enemy team is necessary as well.
The avoid list is good for 7 days. I play 100 games each week. I run into more than 3 toxic or throwing players during. A lot more.

No, I wasn’t ignoring it because the people I quoted didn’t use that as a reason they need more avoids. They used reasons that show they are likely the toxic ones.

How many of your wrecking ball games were won on defense with a DVA or Hog? At a certain point it is the equivalent of throwing.

1 Like

Most of the wins Inhad a Hog or Zarya
Usually lost with a shield tank. Know why? Because Wrecking ball, just like shield tanks, IS a main tank.

Unless you are in some very low rank I highly doubt you were able to consistently pull off wins on DEFENSE with that comp but hats off to you if you did. Avoiding these types of mains has helped me personally and I’ll stick to it since I see the same people a lot.

A lot should change next patch anyways.

And I bet those players have enjoyed not having to waste an avoid in a toxic player.
Win win for them.

Not sure how you are equating putting someone on an avoid list as “being toxic”. If I don’t want to play with you for whatever reason I don’t have to. No reason to be butthurt about it. You wouldn’t even be aware of it.