Give us avoid player already

There is no way to say since they don’t even know what they will do, but I think they said it will be the focus after Hanzo’s rework

Then people would be complaining about the wait times.

Only certain people.

The limit of ‘2 slots’ I feel is more catered to the quiet tiers, namely once again the high end of the skill rating (diamond upwards). Season 8’s changes were also catered towards diamond upwards, also where many of the popular streamers, content creators and the professional players are. I’ll honestly be amazed if they make it more useful for the lower tiers where there’s potentially thousands more players. I do agree with you though.

1 Like

Bla bla… Nonsense made up on the spot. Doesn’t really counter what I said in any way.

So, you’re basically replying to a person, that was addressing what I said, but you’re not engaging me directly. Why? If you think me “entitled and whiny” – just say so.
Instead of talking in general terms about the so called “community”, why don’t you talk about what I said?

Here’s my issue with the entire thing and it has nothing to do with being whiny or entitled:

The Avoid feature was flawed back in the beta, because it prevented the person onto which it was applied to be in the game… therefore, you could abuse the feature by blocking good players from being on the enemy team.

Instead of fixing the feature to what we now know as Avoid as Teammate, they implemented the prefer feature, because it seemed more “positive” to them and whatnot, and gave people the means to abuse players by joining their team and throwing. Cases with streamers come to mind.

And now, that they are finally implementing the feature, they do so with nonsensical limitations. I can understand such limitations for something like Masters, Grandmasters and top 500, but to someone in Platinum, this wont solve much. You can encounter far more people than just two, that you don’t wanna play with. As long as you can’t prevent them from being on the enemy team, I see no problem.

My impression is, that they didn’t wanna bring the feature back at all. They implement it as something more of a PR stunt, rather than something functional, that will improve the experience of the playerbase. That’s my issue.

Am I being whiny and entitled by saying, that the feature will most likely not improve the experience sufficiently with said limitations and most likely wont do what most players expect it to do? I don’t think I am.
But feel free to ignore me or respond in a vague manner.

1 Like

I agree.

As I said before, I fear this will stay at the current limitations or barely be less restrictive later on, but primarily it will be and appears to currently be catered for the higher end of the skill rating very much like season 8’s changes were. For the professionals, popular streamers and content creators :frowning:.

Because it’s not all about you precious. It was legitimately a response to there being a complaint about literally every single thing that Blizzard does and nothing at all to do with your position specifically.

What will you all avoid player enthusiast do when you realize avoid player will not solve your problems?

Lets increase it to 10 per week.

They’re probably waiting to see how much players will try to game the system in the highest ranks.

1 Like

The discussion is about the Avoid as Teammate feature.
You responding by saying, that the so called community complains about everything Blizzard does is basically suggesting, that Blizzard are right by default. It says nothing specific as to specific cases and whether the player base had a point, or whether the player base was wrong.
Say back when Zen was dying to a single body shot from Widow. When the player base said this was not right, were they being whiny and entitled, or was there a point to the complaints?

Care to share your actual views on the matter of Avoid as Teammate?

2 Likes

How about varying amounts of avoid player per skill rating bracket.

Grandmasters can keep it at 2 and it increases by 1 every bracket. Masters would have 3 and diamonds would have 4.

3 Likes

This would be fairer but I doubt it’ll happen :frowning:.

The thing is, maybe I don’t have the best mind when it comes to inventing abuses, but don’t see such a feature as a way of gaming the system.
Say you do 50 games for the entire season. 10 of those were thrown. If you were to reduce the chances of more of your games being thrown by avoiding certain teammates, and you end up on slightly higher rating than before, even if you yourself haven’t improved, is that you gaming the system, or is it you getting closer and/or faster to where you approximately belong and getting more quality games overall? I would argue it is the latter.

In a very small pool of players like top 500, I can imagine players coming up with some sort of exploit, but then again… they are already in top 500, the best of the best. If someone is deliberately throwing games at that SR, I’m sure Blizzard would be quick to react.

I’m wondering though. If 499 players avoid one specifically, can they effectively make him drop out of top 500 by preventing him from playing with them. Is the skill gap too big between say top 500 and top 1000, so that if a player gets effectively prevented from playing with everyone else in that tier, he’ll have to play with significantly worse players to the point, that he’d end up losing rating and dropping.

Exactly, which is why blizz would want to see if that’s an issue before providing more slots to all players, which could make a problem like that apparent at even lower SR.

Yeah, but IMO it really depends about what SR are we talking about. Let ne out it like this.
I’ve been From Bronze to high Plat so far. Some people in plat most definitely do not belong where they are. They deserve to be in… was about to say in Bronze, but that would be a punishment to Bronze players, that are actually trying and putting the effort to get out of Bronze and climb. In Plat you can literally see worse games, than back in Bronze. Such players as the ones I’m talking about deserve every avoid they get…

But on the other hand, someone in top 500 clearly belongs there. If he were to get mass avoided… perhaps because of something not even related to the game itself and he drops because of that, that would be unfair.

Doomfist, coming back on Tuesday.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I think that this feature would (in its current form) best be used as a way to avoid a player for the next few rounds, then it is very unlikely you will ever see them again due to the massive playerbase in the lower tiers. If you get unlucky enough to see them again, then just repeat it to avoid them in your next few rounds. It is probably a bit on the low side in terms of how many you can block at once (and the one-week thing is quite odd; either make it for a couple of hours for the above point I raised or several months if you REALLY want to avoid having them back again), but it doesn’t seem too bad for the above form.

1 Like

it couldnt come fast enough…last 4 competitive games…4 leavers…all on my team…I love losing sr without even a chance to win…/sarcasm

Will Rialto go onto the PTR the same day? The PVP map?