Give us a less masculine male hero. Please. (Also the meka squad šŸ¤– )

People keep saying this, but other than being smaller in stature, and physical size, i donā€™t see it.

Theyā€™re still muscled up balls of testosterone if you look closely.

Everyone has muscles by defaultā€¦ Yā€™knowā€¦ Over their skeletons. lol

Junkratā€™s body fat is basically 0%, so he looks ā€œjackedā€ - but isnā€™t. Heā€™s malnourished and is just missing the extreme sickliness of his bones poking through. Same goes for Lucio, where being short is socially considered less masculine/threatening (see how dumb gender roles are?) - buuuuut heā€™s also lacking in fat as well and is short. Itā€™s easier for a short person to look swole without actually being swole.

The best way to look at the characters in this game is if they are just a tad more muscular than a standard human, chances are they are considered average in the OW world. Their hurtboxes need the size without using lazy see-through spots, after all. Itā€™s a blend of character design being translated to the OW world (their 2D art shows us this when compared to their 3D models).

2 Likes

We live in a society where itā€™s a bad thing to be a masculine male, so we wanna represent what men actually have to be in society by making a less masculine male.
Being Masculine is the reason Men are called MEN, ok? If you arenā€™t a masculine man, then imo youā€™re not a man. To be a man you must obtain a level of masculinity. Yes you can be male, but to be a real MAN you have to be masculine and mature.

I donā€™t hate the effeminate male heroe type. But at the same time I donā€™t like them either. Theyā€™re a cliche that completely saturates sooo many games these days, along with alot of other nerd/geek culture, like anime/movies etc.

Itā€™s fine to have. But just having it for the sake of it seems like a bad idea to me. Like sure, if it fits for a character they already had in mind then put it in. Overwatch is great at character design and character building, the heroes we have in game are already pretty unique, excluding a few cliches like Soldier etc, but even that fits in itā€™s own right.

Personally, just not super keen to see the ā€˜effeminate anime maleā€™ with spikey silver hair and next to zero personality aside from his ā€˜feminineā€™ traits, put into game just to satisfy the weebs out there, that really just want to draw fanart of them ā€˜shippingā€™ him with other OW characters.

Thereā€™s waaay better character types that blizz has the options to do for future heroā€™s that Iā€™d like to see done first.

Iā€™d personally like to see an intellectual trickster type put in game, something along the lines of Loki from MCU, in terms of personality.

so according to some ppl woman can have diversity, and men should only be masculine? o_O
we just want some typically kawaii male character itā€™s not that complicated

1 Like

So, you want Guy Fox (sorry, the real name is forbidden because the censors mistake it for something else), Athos/Porthos/Aramis/Dā€™Artagnan, Terrell Owens or a guy who could easily be a drag queen? Not sure if I got that straightā€¦

ā€¦.or maybe someone androgynous? I dunnoā€¦.

I would like to see someone who has a similar demeanor to Whis from Dragon Ball be in Overwatch.

Doesnā€™t Apex have a male character like that?

400 commentsā€¦i hope they were civil, also gimme a jojo esque character or a anime pretty boy blizzard.

1 Like

So these people want to see a character who is officially a male but has some disorder which inhibits testosterone production or is on a testo-blocker. That much I can derive from some of the comments employing such phrases as ā€œtestosterone oozingā€ and ā€œboring maleā€. Come on now, we have all sorts of male characters in OW: the bubbly lighthearted DJ Lucio, the meditative monk Zen, the chaotic Junk, the ingenious and deadly Hammond along some characters that have been weathered by the past (Hanzo burdened with the family legacy, having had to clear the family name tarnished by the young scapegrace brother). Still saying ā€œall male characters in the game are cliche and the same blablaā€? Itā€™s easier for males to gain muscle mass, they have more pronounced facial hair as part of male physiology - there is nothing wrong with that, itā€™s just a part of belonging to the male sex. If you really want a guy without facial hair/longer hairstyles, there is young master Hanzo, Hammond is cute, Zen is technically a robot who transcends human notions of ā€œeffeminateā€ and ā€œmasculineā€.
Other Blizzard games also include ā€œnon-typicalā€ (appearance-wise) male chars: Anduin, Malthael, Abathur, Mephisto, Kel, Kaelā€™Thas (Hots); blood elves (M) from WoW, and so on.
So itā€™s not a problem of Blizz being too orthodox/non-inclusive, itā€™s the problem of you being too blinded by the pc culture to actually see for yourselves.

1 Like

Just because a character isnā€™t 9 feet tall, with the ability to lift small carsā€¦ Doesnā€™t mean any of this.

I donā€™t want to see the lovely chiselled men we have disappear, but I would really like to see Blizzard step outside their comfort zone and make heroes less suped up with testosterone.

2 Likes

Youā€™re just getting lazy now.

smh.

Not only was it written at 6 in the morning, but i guess i need to apologize for not correctly addressing the topic of gender/character traits, without using words.

1 Like

Yea iā€™m so sorry, sometimes us humans have to use words to explain things. <~<

Whoops.

1 Like

ā€œFalls short = Uses words to describe things the best you can at 6 amā€

I see.

1 Like

The fact that thatā€™s what you think is happening, is honestly troubling.

1 Like

Iā€™mā€¦ not a ā€œdudeā€ btw.

1 Like

ā€œDudeā€ is most commonly considered to directly reference a male person, by the majority of people. You might want to consider how your words may be taken by others before making your posts. In fact, i donā€™t remember you asking what my pronouns even were the first time you addressed me directly assuming i was maleā€¦

I know these are confusing times, but please do show some common courtesy when talking to others, before assuming such things about them. :3

You are forgiven of course, no harm done.
Though it seems you have driven this thread horribly off topic. i wouldnā€™t want to see anyone stirring up the mods, so please do refrain from spamming posts, going too far off topic, or simply behavior that may be mistaken for ā€œTrollingā€

Falsely reporting would in fact be against the terms of service.

As is making threads or posts with the intention of being inflammatory, extraneous or upsetting to specific groups of people, knowing it will cause unrest.

1 Like