Give Mercy and Actual Role

Enough with this Main Support and Off Support Crap. She is meant to be a main support one because her healing is to high to be an off support and too low for a main support. But it is closer to the main supports side. Valkyrie would have already been reworked to be a defensive ult as well. Mercy will be dreadful as an off support without a rework. The muscle memory of being a main support. Her lore supports her being a Main Support and being a team player. She needs a Rework or give her ammo in her gun somehow but still enough to be the most consistent. I get she is a good spot balance wise but still

12 Likes

? I think she is completely fine. She’s a Main healer because shes the most consistent one. Moira may have more heals but since the last change shes waayyy less consistent now. No one plays bap, All mercy is competing with is Ana.

If anything her Ult needs changes, its underpowered as the chain and main beams all have the same value which doesnt make sense–also why some people call it the spectator ult and I dont blame them 75/80 main and 55/50 chain seems better tbh

11 Likes

I think this fair tbh

1 Like

Mercy doesn’t need any changes whatsoever right now. She’s one of the two top supports at every rank except GM, where she’s number three. She’s receiving little to no complaints aside from the ones that unjustly pin Ashe’s power on her.

Why you would ever want to poke that bear is beyond me.

26 Likes

I just want that Main Support vibe. Or too lower damage a little bit more and Ana’s Consistently to show her strengths a bit more

1 Like

Mercy is a main healer. I play her as one all of the time.

In GM in comp last week I played Mercy Zen on Havana and then Mercy Lucio on Anubis. I have 16k healing in around 10 min in each and got a card for 35-40% of team damage healed. I also still had 3k damage boosted by the end of it.

Mercy is also outhealing Ana on average in GM. This is a result of Ana losing 5 HPS and 2 ammo (consistency lowered), Mercy gaining 5 HPS, and damage and sustain creep across the board being nerfed to reasonable levels. The damage and sustain in the game right now is at the perfect level and won’t be lowered any more.

Valkyrie is an insanely strong ult for a main healer to have and is especially powerful in the current state of the game. It is one of the reasons she is such a strong main healer.

She is a main support if you want, she can be played as a pocket off support if you want. Mercy Zen is literally a viable combo in ladder and OWL so clearly Zen is not the main healer in that comp.

Period ^^ Mercy players are kind of stupid for suggesting any buffs at all when a lot of people already think she’s too good right now. That’s like saying Ana or Moira needs buffs :skull:

9 Likes

Mercys fine, ult needs changes but that’s it

1 Like

Her ult is already one of the strongest parts of her kit, any changes to it that increase it’s power will probably make Mercy broken.

Only changes I want for Valkyrie are cooler visual graphics lol

2 Likes

True But I want her strengths to be less hidden because of a Granny whi decided to rename herself from.support to God Slayer

1 Like

post already failed

just admit you people dont care about balance. you just want to be able to hold beam on a tank and out heal anything, and play mercy literally anytime you want with any comp

This use to be me but I do this with Ana now which btw Mercy was generalist and now Queenslayer is Ana.

Mercy is way prettier than a bear. I dunno why you’d make that comparison.

Zarya is a bear, given that she has more body hair than Zangief. And probably has taken more anabolic steroids than anybody else in history.

3 Likes

Weapon swap buff would make me so happy. I don’t think she really needs any more than that. Doesn’t even need that, but man it would be fun.

There are rework changes I’d love to see, but I do think she’s quite balanced atm.

1 Like

She is hybrit of both - main and off support - depends on the situation. I think it´s perfectly fine for her. She doesn´t have to be forced to be “better” or “worse”. They should rather look at her ult as now it just doesn´t feel like ult at all.

1 Like

How does gaining the ability to fly freely in any direction, while also getting double GA and beam range, and way faster GA, and stronger healing that also heals everyone on the team, and aoe damage boost, and constant regen to keep you from dying…not feel like an ult?

So many characters would KILL for an ult like Valkyrie.

The only part of Valkyrie that needs upgrading is the visuals. It looks the same as her normal beams which is a problem considering they are stronger. The beams should be thicker, shinier, glowing and pulsating with more energy like how her wings are (which we can’t even see ourself).

It’d also be cool if there was a giant golden blast of light around her when she transformed and it could give a small burst of AoE healing like 50 HP to make up for her beam disconnecting.

K, weaken her damage boost to 15% on headshots, and 30% on bodyshots. Then bump up her heals to 60.

You’re one of my favorite poster you come with unbiased receipts.

The only thing that needs to be changed about mercy is her On Fire meter! It makes no sense how she does the most as a support and is barely on fire.

4 Likes

imo mercy’s gameplay is kind of demeaning. you are just a slave waiting on people hand and foot.

if you enjoy that then more power to you. but i cant get into that kind of playstyle.

5 Likes

I just wish they’d decrease her Weapon Swap speed :woman_shrugging:
The problem with changing Mercy is that currently she can be played both as a Main and an Off Support. If you push her one way, then all of a sudden her flexibility is gone and she’s locked into one niche, which would be terrible. She was designed to be flexible and consistent.
Also, giving Mercy any buffs would quickly push her into being overtuned and then in return being over nerfed once again.
Not every Support needs to be locked into 1 thing. That used to be the beauty of Overwatch, when you could play any hero multiple different ways. Now it seems that if a hero isnt one-dimensional it’s a bad thing.
(Also please fix the new Damage Boost animation, the loop is broken and looks bad)

1 Like

YESSS why do I have to kill an entire team to be on fire!! Lmao! I’m not supposed to be a flying attack helicopter :sob: Constantly micromanaging healing and damage boost and rez gets you zero fire but if you go Baptiste or Ana and do 100 healing you get half a fire meter :sob: make it make sense

1 Like