Give Mei OW2 Changes Now

I have 500 hours on Mei, and I tank (mainly Sigma/Zarya, some Ball and Rein).

Mei offers plenty of time to counter if your team focuses her, the biggest problem is they just don’t take her seriously enough. They will go bonkers over a Widow or a JR or Reaper, but Mei, yawn then she literally just walks up and freezes out someone.

I assure you any DPS with the exception of utility DPS will easily counter Mei.

They are altering CC across the board for all DPS, it’s just not Mei. FWIW, most Mei mains are (pun intended) cool with it because they know the real power in the kit lies in her alt fire…

LOL. You want bloated look at Lucio for instance. Now that is a bloated kit for example.

3 Likes

Mei is just a bad character overall and only had one meta to her under sigma/orisa which lead to some decent nerfs against her. Easy it is to avoid her in most cases because 10m range, low dps, open maps, slow projectile, and heavily delayed CC method.

All of these traits are very map specific and team reliant. She is annoying, but nothing a swap can’t fix. Picks mei, picks Pharah. Picked Mei, goes Winston. Mei low DPS is great for winston shield and his shield blocks most of her CC. There are all sorts of adjustments to her made against her.

Most disdain for Mei is like disdain for Doomfist where they are just annoying to play against.

1 Like

Ahem

ZARYA

Hardly, the simple fact is most people don’t even try to run her, spend the time to learn the nuances of wall placement and master alt-fire. Once you do she is very capable…

I am nothing special but turning to Mei I can usually get gold damage. She is a utility DPS, she should usually not get gold damage… but can with a bit of effort.

If that were true, she’d see more usage in areas like OWL and ladder which she rarely does. Sombra is your black horse on ladder, but used in OWL.

Mei’s potential is just lack luster and again only really showed during the time of sigma/orisa for Reaper + Mei comps. She’s too easy to get around and too ineffective as a DPS in comparison.

Orisa can shield dance Mei, AND fortify cleanses freeze.
Winston can jump into the air and I’m not 100% sure, but I THINK freeze/frost wears off before he lands. And he can jump her wall.
Wrecking Ball takes SO long to kill even if you CAN freeze him that he gets his grapple back and just leaves.
Dva can fly away from Freeze and over the wall.
Zarya’s bubble, yeah.
Roadhog can heal practically as fast as Mei hurts him, and can nearly one shot her.

Sigma and Rein… you know what, yeah… she’s pretty good against them. But most tanks CAN fight Mei or avoid her without much trouble.

1 Like

No one cares about OWL quite frankly. On the ladder with time in, you can do well with Mei. She is a utility DPS.

Which is why we have this thread? Please. Simple fact is, even the coaches say she is underused.

1 Like

Yea. The same reason they are removing cc in general from almost all dps and supports. Has nothing to do with you thinking it is too strong.

You seriously think freeze getting removed has nothing to do with going down to one tank?

Smh.

It has everything to do with it. CC is getting reduced because there is one tank.

Mei’s kit will still be bloated and wildly problematic in ladder as she can exist as a pseudo-tank.

Will not be shocked for one second if she moves to the Tank lineup.

I totally think them removing a lot of cc has to do with 1 tank. But you’re making it sound like it’s op, so they are removing it. Same way I can say tanks are so op, so they are removing 1.

But also we are currently playing ow1. It is a flawed argument to mention ow2 changes and relate it to a very different game. Almost all cc is being removed, not just mei freeze. Current may freeze is not too strong vs tanks, just have to swap to other tanks; or play around her. Which ball can do, and hog landing a hook with a good shot and mei is dead.

Yet according to most she is barely useable :shrug

Bro she is not a problem on the ladder… that I assure you. Soldier is a problem child and Tracer on the Ladder, not Mei…

She is already confirmed not going to Brawler role in OW 2.

And they said Doomfist wasn’t going to be either.

And then the minute pro-players got ahold of the game, they could forsee just how problematic he could become.

I didn’t claim she’s an issue on ladder now. She’s not. But in a game moving to 1 tank, her, Reaper, Doomfist, and Torb are most assuredly going to become problems on ladder due.

I’ll be the first to go on the record with this claim. This far I have been right about moving Doomfist to Tank, and while I’d like to see Sym and Sombra moved to support, they will likely get overhauled and reworked instead. I mean, Sombra is already undergoing massive changes. The better change is her becoming a utility support and given some health pack interactive healing.

I have zero qualms putting out highly controversial ideas. Mei’s kit is bloated with CC. Nobody talks about it or cares because she’s bottom of the barrel in pickrate, thus she is rarely encountered. A Mei who can coordinate with her allies is problematic for every tank in the game. Stop trying to make these counter arguments regarding Orisa or Zarya, it is far more complex than “Just save bubble bruh”. An over-simplification of an inconsistent solution is not a solution. Anyone who has put any time into this game knows it’s not that simple.

Not really, they have AFAIK always said they might need to move him and quite honestly there is no way unless he gets a full-on rework when the game is literally about six months to release highly unlikely, the most logical thing is to leave the CC in his kit and put him in Brawlers. I guarantee you he is going there.

Mei losing Freeze is a direct sign she is not.

I play tank. I’m a Ball main.

And I’m here to tell you that yes, there is a LOT of counterplay to Mei. As a Ball, Mei is barely more than an annoyance.

Hog is even less bothered by her. If she’s actually in freeze-range of you, she should be dead.

Now, Sombra? She’ll 100% force me to switch off because there’s nothing you can do on certain tanks. But no, Mei really isn’t bad atm.

1 Like

Right she’s not for release.

And after the game drops, and Reaper, Torb, and Mei are running rampant through frontlines, there’s going to be some serious conversation about what to do.

May I quote you on this in 1 year?

Go for it.

Because when I’m right, I’ll be the first to say “Told you so”.

You are on my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

thread complaining about mei

I see the problem

1 Like

she*