Give bastion headshots

Oops havent played bastion in a long time…then just give him his old shield…since he did not have ironclad and self healing at the time.

I’m all for buffing her.

If you are talking about the removal of lock on, the devs said they were unable to find a balance between damage and lock on. It was either too strong or too weak, hence the removal of it.

If you reduced the spread, it would be less RNG, not more.

If you want him doing less DPS, that’s fine… Just lower his damage and spread. Missing 50% of your shots at such close range feels awful, it’s a terrible way to “reduce his DPS”. Consistent lower damage feels much better than inconsistent higher damage.

Not my aim, his spread. I literally didn’t touch my mouse for those tests, I bound shoot to J to keep the mouse perfectly still. And yeah, that’s why I’m saying reduce his spread instead of giving him headshots (or both also works). Headshots with his current spread would just be more RNG, and make him feel even worse (even though he would kill slightly faster, it would still feel terribly inconsistent).

1 Like

Do that math how much of a potentional dps boost would that be on paper. That’s why I said reducing spread is out of the question.

“Niche” is fine, unplayable is not.

Only when point blank ( Bastion's real damage output (kinda) ), which is never because he can’t move. He used to have headshots in Sentry mode, and it was fine (regardless of what some people say, they just didn’t know how to not stand in the line of fire without a shield).

1 Like

No, his spread allows 50% of his bullets to land at 25m, you said so yourself. That’s 225 DPS. If you aren’t getting those numbers on a training dummy size target, then it’s because you aren’t tracking the target, nothing to do with his spread.

He’s a stationary target, just don’t stand in the middle of nowhere. Should Widow be removed from the game? She does way more damage to unprotected targets…

Everyone who has 200 hp is much smaller than a training dummy

He also cannot move while dealing this damage(Which is potential, not actual, check GrantMan’s link for real numbers, then compare then to other heroes).

He should have really high damage at the cost of no mobility. Right now he has pretty good damage at the cost of no mobility.

He has his uses, he creates a high damage fire-zone and burns down shields. Also used on payload behind a barrier. That’s basically his role and he performs that role just fine. He’s not a sniper and he’s not a tank.

If he was good at that role, then he would be used in almost every meta, especially this one with Rein + Zarya + Brigitte.

Do those metas require high damage fire-zones in short/medium ranges?

Does a Rein shield require a “high damage fire zone”? Yes.

Widow is never protected by 2 shields and can be oneshot upfront by the enemy Widow/Hanzo or can be dove by a D.Va or a Winston. Even a Widow can’t oneshot a Bastion even when he’s unprotected. The only thing that can potentially mess him up is a Mei ult (if the team is stupid enough to let her sneak up on him) or a D.Va right on top of him (well, if the Rein shield isn’t destroyed at least). A Rip-tire should never even get close to a competent bastion anyway…

Thing is, there are too many control point maps with closed corners where he can set up behind two shields that any kind of damage buff would make a coordinated Bastion team OP again.

In what sense? He can’t follow a rein in sentry unless he is on payload. He can only do that to an incoming rein, and he is probably the best hero at doing that.

Have you played Bastion? There’s almost nothing he can do against a rip-tire. It’s too fast, and he doesn’t have the focus fire to kill it, especially if the Junkrat isn’t an idiot, and doesn’t send it out in the open. Rip-tire is basically a free Bastion kill.

Fighting the Rein/Zarya/Brigitte :disappointed:

If he was the best hero at doing that, then he would be picked a lot more because Rein is being picked a lot right now… That’s what I’m saying. He doesn’t do that job well.

A widow could be set up behind two shields, same with Bastion. The difference is one requires it to work, the other does not.

If the enemy dedicate half their team to a certain strategy, is it not unreasonable to dedicate half of your team to countering them?

Junkrat is really good at spamming around corners with no opposition