Give Bastion a "Transportation Mode"

Also, make this ability able to go up walls like a Junk tire. Just cause why not.

Are you being sarcastic?

1 Like

Nope, totally serious. That would be sick to see Bastion on a wall, kinda like how when he goes into sentry mode he can’t be moved, he can grapple onto walls.

I would prefer a tactical crouch mode.
Maybe something like the on the Bastion emote Alert Alert ! ?

This can allow him to have his ironclad and a smaller head hit box during his crouch.

I don’t know, for me Bastion should have 350HP and HS back.

3 Likes

Cool idea but wouldn’t this make him even more of a Soldier 76 but with extra steps?

The idea is ok but i prefer my DM-Like barrier idea…

I already have recon mode to escape if it gets bad, now i need something to hold me in my spot

So you want Bastion to be op in all tiers lol

May be just remove headshot in reckon mode. His core is his weak point, right? And his core is not in his head.

It is for recon mode.

He is currently not OP in any tier, he’s not viable in any tier actually. Being able to move like this is going to help but I think you’re overestimating it a lot.

Dunno, just today I saw someone complaining about Bastion. Daily stuff lol

People will always complain since it is their nature.

This means absolutely nothing.

I complain about Mei, yet i wouldn’t have the hero changed in her current state.

People complain about a lot of things. BTW it doesn’t matter how much someone says Bastion is OP his stats show otherwise.

People seem to want to balance based on opinion alone nowadays… i wish it were a simple case of individuals arguing among themselves, but the devs are backing that behavior… which only complicates things. smh

In all honesty everyone knows Bastion needs help.
Everyone.

i like the idea, it would make flanking hell a lot easier as Bastion,

Taking away HS in combination with generally wider spread had so many unintended consequences. Like how easy it then was for DPS heroes to use even a moderate amount of low cover to easily have a quicker time-to-kill on Bastion than Bastion against them. If Bastion has HS (and an inverse spread that wasn’t so slow to build and quick to lose) then Bastion wouldn’t be so easily out-damaged.

Because though their body is covered they must show their head to shoot.

2 Likes

Configuration: Truck

2 Likes

I think it was intended. It seemed like that change was entirely for other players and not for Bastion at all. It was a net loss in a fight. The health and damage difference was much higher before. He killed them way faster but had only a little less health. Now he has a little more health but kills them way slower. He lost a max of 450 damage plus now he has spread that’s still worse than before and only gained like 60 effective HP vs rockets. Also they buffed Junkrat’s damage so I guess they like destroying Bastion.

Holy Cow, I suggested something so similar to this in that thread Pharah person that made that Bastion thread asking for ideas from Non-Bastion mains.

Neat to see another game has something like it.

High spread is obviously most advantageous for heroes with smaller hitboxes and who would fight bastion at longer ranges: so DPS heroes.

The inverse spread just makes Bastion useless on reaction to DPS heroes suddenly appearing where Bastion needs to frag them ultra quick before something like Hanzo popping storm arrows.

2 seconds is way way too long for the spread to shrink to minimum, Hanzo can destroy Bastion in only 1.8seconds with storm arrows. Many other ranged attacks are just as devastating.

Except when they talked about the rationale for buffing junkrat they didn’t mention Bastion at all. Though the +10 damage per grenade has most impact against Bastion as it means sentry bastion now dies in only 3 grenades.

I think they just forgot Bastion due to an excessive focus on tank-busting.