Give a Hanzo a new ability, due to storm Nerf

Potential to do 1.5 correct again that could even be reduced to 20, 40 80 increments or 15, 30, 60 since arcing is going to add a small amount back.

You don’t get nerf compensation when you’re OP.

You don’t get buff compensation when you’re UP.

Live Hanzo is OP.

Why is this a difficult concept to grasp?

2 Likes

I fail to see how bastion needs to be constantly mobile… in nearly all maps there are points that let him have the advantage of just sitting back and turreting an entire team to oblivion. Not to mention having him turret the payload.

They are reducing the damage of storm arrows by 10 damage for each arrow only due to it’s oneshot potential since that would remove the ability to even oneshot tracers.

1 Like

Geoff confirmed it, check dev tracker

So which hero to you then is the most fair to play?

Scatter arrow did 75 damage per shot, with 6 arrow fragments, for a max of 450 damage.

Storm arrow does 80 damage per arrow, with up to 6 arrows, and can headshot (2x damage) for a max of 960 damage.

After this nerf he will do 70x6(x2) for a max of 840 damage.
The actual amount of damage will of course vary based on number of shots landed. However when you consider that scatter was mostly an “all or nothing” type of move, I would say storm arrow still averages out to a much higher overall damage output because you can more often than not land a percentage of your shots instead of hitting or missing all 6.

3 Likes

When… did this come up? O-o

I’m sorry if you have a Problem fighting Bastions, But that isn’t related to the point i was making.

People complain about the Hanzo/Zarya combo, And even though that combo has been in this game for a LONG Time, what some people don’t factor in is, Things HAVE Changed slightly…

Hanzo’s ability to charge a Dragon slightly faster, Mixed with the changes that keep certain characters from Escaping the Zarya ult, Have boosted it a bit.

People are just afraid of those two becoming an unstoppable Must Pick force is all.

No, they should just remove Hanzo. He’s a dumb character and the people who main him are the worst in the community.

2 Likes

It’s also not at all like his normal fire, you have to either go all out and miss a bunch of shots if it’s not a tank or tap shoot which is not in line with Hanzos other abilities.

That seems a bit harsh, lol.

1 Like

Dude… You are a symetra main… You literally have no room to talk no aim.

Well, Bastion does get screwed the hardest out of any of the heros due to the rapid fire (shooting an immobile target 2 hard).

My only gripe with Hanzo was that his rapid fire is too perfect in close ranges. He’s suppose to suck at that range (thus his leap ability) but it seems like it’s too powerful, and it can be used to walk up to a rein, or other tank, and just melt them.

I like rapid fire over scatter, but the crux of the problem is that it needs more limitations, which is why I think it needs reverse falloff. 50 dmg within 7-10m, then ramps back to his current/normal damage.

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous he’s supposed to be bad at close range not terrible.

Terrible = nerfing his leap.

Sorry hun, can’t have your cake and eat it too.

nerfing rapid fire down to 50 in close ranges just means he has to land every shot to do 300 damage, not including crits.

Thus he can’t bank off the 50 bodyshots since it’ll only do a max of 300 damage, thus can’t be used to melt tanks in their face.

I am a Hanzo player.

1 Like

Be god damn grateful, please. At least you didn’t get the Mercy treatment. You still have all your abilities, you’re still pretty strong even with a slight damage decrease, and you still have an Ultimate that can wreck everyone. You have no right whatsoever to complain about your nerf, nor do you have any right to ask for an extra ability when you’ve already been given Storm Arrow and Lunge for added mobility.

2 Likes

FTFY

Mercy went on to lead a meta for 6 months, Bastion was only meta for a week on PC, month on console. And as it stands currently she’s balanced. Not fun, but balanced. Bastion is the worst hero in the game.

1 Like

I like how OP thinks every Hanzo player is upset about this.

4 Likes

People cried two years to nerf Scatter, cuz that was Unfair and Cheap ability to get kills

People cried for weeks cuz blizzard gave to HANZO another cheap and unfair ability.

That seems HANZO mains can’t play him without a UNFAIR-CHEAP ability

1 Like