Getting really tired of being penalized for people leaving mid match

the warning says we will be penalized if we leave within 1:30 mins yet we get penalized with a loss anyway… it shouldn’t get counted as a loss. It’s happened so many times lately that it’s just insane. Why tf would blizzard penalize us by still making it count when someone rage quits after the first match?
The last match I was in we were actually winning but the guy was mad he was getting picked off when playing Pharah and wouldn’t switch then just hung out in spawn the whole time and only came out to ult on himself before leaving… We still won that round but we lost the other 2 because we only had 5 players… and got a loss because of it. It’s pretty disgusting that Blizz cares so little about players that they don’t actually try to find a more fair system. This is exactly why I didn’t play seasons for the first year and with 2-2-2 its only gotten worse. Penalties for leavers isn’t enough when everyone else still gets penalized for it. Either end the game or don’t count it as a loss

10 Likes

if they did that then people would leave just to avoid an SR loss.

The way it is sucks, but it is better than people leaving and ending a game because they had a crap round.

And I just had a game a couple hours ago where 4 people on my team left after the first round, so i know how crappy it feels.

1 Like

Give the people that leave a loss anyway and don’t do that for everyone else. There is easy ways to address that without penalizing everyone. I’m beyond tired of it at this point and it seems like blizzard just does everything in the most lazy ways.

4 Likes

if they spoke in the match, then report them for game play sabotage. Because leaving a match is game play sabotage.

I do think the leaver punishments should be harsher, and that comp suspension for leaving multiple games in comp should apply to all game modes, not just competitive.

Ya, he did and ya we all reported him. That doesn’t mean we should still get penalized because of him too. And I fully agree. Punishment should be far harsher… but then there is connection issues that people sometimes get, so they cant punish too hard because it would punish them too so that creates other problems. My main issue is punishing the whole team with that person, which shouldn’t happen

2 Likes

if people play with connection issues, that is on them. They really should know better especially if they know what punishment can come. When I had really bad banding issues I avoided comp for so long.

But you honestly won’t mind when you log on in a couple days and get that notification that action has been taken against them. You may not know what it was, but it feels satisfying.

Made me not mind going up against a bunch of de-rankers a couple days ago, They won the game but they left so they would take the SR hit anyway.

I always felt that if a team has a leaver in comp, they should get zero SR loss for sticking around. There is nothing “skill rating” about having a man disadvantage.

QP has the extra exp for backfill, comp needs something to reward players who stayed.

The team who wins with an unfair player advantage should have a percentage of SR gains cut by the number of players who left.

Example: If that round would have resulted in 25SR, a single leaver cuts that to 21SR instead ( 6 players divided individually is 16.65. 16.65 percent off 25 is 4.16 for those wondering where the figure came from)

Like wise, if a team won with a disadvantage, + 16.65% extra SR per leaver.

4 Likes

it’s pretty common for, say… people on the continent of Australia… so I really don’t think that should be on them. But this is still an entirely different topic

could they at least stop treating a 5v6 (or worse) as a fair game?

at least lower the SR loss slightly for the rest of the team since the game isn’t fair right? Losing full SR after a 5v6 is like “sorry, i know the game was unfair, but we’re punishing you as though it was.” :no_mouth: wow thanks

there has to be a better way

4 Likes

There definitely are better ways… I’ve just started to accept that they don’t care enough to put in half the effort to implement them

2 Likes

No there is not. If you will do this people will abuse it…

I’d rather there be people that abuse it than people get penalized for doing nothing wrong

But the leaving person would still get a loss credited?

1 Like

What do you do when your team has leaver btw? Are you leaving after notification is gone?

no, because if you leave before that you get penalized as a leaver… but if you stay you still get penalized by losing sr and that is the problem

It is really frustrating… I had 3 games in a row last night where someone left and then another one a bit later on. The last one we were about to win it seemed like, but someone left as the final fight was starting. I was livid :angry:

1 Like

It suck but honestly i see leavers rarely. Usualy when someone leaves, he will come back. People are usualy leaving when match is basicly already lost too.

Yeah same it’s usually not so common. I just had an unlucky night I guess. Yeah usually they leave when you’re losing or it’s obvious you’re struggling, that’s why my last game was even more frustrating, since it looked to me like we were about to win :weary:

1 Like

its become far more common with 2-2-2. ive had 4 games with someone leaving just this morning. If its not common for you then you are just lucky. you ahve to win like 2 games just to make up for the points lost because their dumb point system makes you lose far more than you win per game… which is why I’mm very tired of it and finally decided to make a thread on it. It needs to be changed. This is 100% unacceptable

Is there a legitimate reason as to why there isn’t a Backfill option in Competitive like there is in Quick Play?

I would think that it’d be even easier now with Role Queue instituted. Instead of a random surprise of being thrown into a team with no healers or no tanks, you know that you’re going to need to fill the role of whatever role you queue up for.

And if they use some sort of equation similar to the one they use for the XP reward in Quick Play, but for SR, then you can ensure that the filler is properly rewarded for their partial participation.

Is there something I’m missing in this train of thought?

3 Likes