Getting Kicked from matches

While in a match I will get removed and place into the main menu, I tried to click on the return to the game but nothing happens after a min a message will appear in the chatbox saying “Failed to connect to server” this will appear twice back to back. I can still at this time send messages to the match chat that I was previously in and i can see messages that people post. I’ve tried to restart the game, upon login in my game takes a while to load in my friend’s list and i get the same message “Failed to connect to server” I will also rejoin the match chat but not voice chat.

Thank you for moving the thread from bug to technical

This message means that your connection, whether it be within your home or on the way to Blizzard, is experiencing an issue. This can be packet loss or high latency (lag/high ms). When it is the server’s fault, you will see a message that says “unexpected server error.” Troubleshooting these types of connection problems can be tough, since they aren’t always consistent. Also, any issue on your path to Blizzard, unless it’s one of their peering partners, will need to be resolved between you and your ISP. But in the meantime, maybe members of the forum can help you pinpoint the issue with a WinMTR.

Click here to show/hide WinMTR instructions

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, highlight it, then click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them.

* Please do not remove full hostnames instead of adding spaces, as this makes troubleshooting much more difficult.

If you require staff assistance specifically, you may need to open a ticket.

i am having an issue with my ps4 it keeps disconnecting me in the middle of a game.it cant be my internet as i am on call with friends and hasn’t disconnected from that.i am getting a leaver penalty when it isn’t my fault i don’t know how to solve this problem.

This is a PC issue thread, you should make your own thread since you are on PS4.

Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored.