Getting Almost No Sr per Competitive Win Please Help

So I’ve been playing with a friend recently and have been winning nonstop. We placed silver and got to diamond in almost a week with only 6 hours of comp. I’ve hit a win streak between 15-25 on the account. I am now receiving only 20 or less than 20 sr per win. I don’t know if this is a glitch or if the game thinks I belong in plat. Either way I thought the system was supposed to reward you for win streaks and consistent teamwork and gold medals. I overall am just kinda of frustrated that I am receiving this while my friend is still getting 60-70 sr per win while being around 200sr below me. He is closing the gap fast while I am almost cemented at all current srs. I still don’t have clue how much sr i lose per loss since I have yet to do so in hours.

You’re getting less than your friend because you are no longer performing better than average for your SR. You’re friend still is.

Basically, the game thinks you’re either where you belong, or possibly slightly too high.

1 Like

I still outperform him in all ways including accuracy and just team communication in general. I’m not saying he is bad but on our actual accnts he is a good 500 sr below me. I havent once not gotten gold elims or dmg and almost always have either gotten potg every game or carried with genji or other dps. Overbuff ranks me in the 99th percentile in almost all aspects of all heroes so far.

Nah, it’s about you compared to people at your skill level. He is still ~500 SR below you, so he doesn’t have to perform as well to get higher gains.

1 Like

He is closing a gap between both our srs. He is only around 100 away after being 300 only a few hrs ago.

1 Like

Well, the simple fact of the matter is, if you’re gaining less SR you’re not stomping as hard as you were. Just be happy you’re still climbing.

Your account is very new, so once you’ve played a lot more your SR will become more stable. Unless I have a particularly spectacular game I get between 22 and 26 SR for a win. Last night I played 12 matches and only the first one I got more than that (I got 29).

1 Like

Not to disagree anymore than I already have ,but the reason we are winning is solely because of us. We carry each game with the help of the team occasionally to later win fast and simply. I agree about the stabilization but I still do not understand the systems decision making based on its gains of sr. I was gaining 70 each game around 2 hours ago and 20 only has recently started. Either way thanks for your help Jex.

I wonder if it has anything to do with you smurfing

Did you have a d/c? That would break your winstreak.

He has lower MMR so matches are made favoring you because of your mmr.
Thus lowering your SR gains, because your are favorite. Or else you are not performing as well as you think you are compared to your mmr.

If you’re in diamond and you’re friends in plat, it’s likely you are playing against plats and since you’re playing against plat as a diamond, you’re not going to get as much SR because you are better than they are. If you both playing against diamonds then you’re playing you skill level and he’s playing above his so either way he’s going to get more SR. He’s doing way better than his skill level because of you or he’s doing way good playing against higher people than him because of you. The game is trying to balance it out cos you’re carrying him either way.
You’re real problem if you experience this while you were both the same rank. Otherwise he’ll get all the SR. Hope you see the point.

I’ve heard it said that the higher ranked person in a duo will gain less win winning and lose more when losing. Over may games, this will cause the duo to have about the same SR. Blizzard hasn’t confirmed this, nor have I seen any solid data. Did you and your friend happen to write down your gains after every game? If yes, could you share it with me (google sheets is best, but in the forums can work too)?

Win streak bonuses are gone. Have been for many seasons. Teamwork can’t be quantified and is not taken into account. Gold medals don’t matter. Statistical performance is compared to other players of the same hero/map in different matches, not your teammates. And that only exists in plat and below. I have a longer explainer at How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 10).

nope, no dc in any of my matches My last recorded count of the sr was from 2879 to 2903 to 2928 to 2943. BT160530 your point is clear I just don’t understand why the game chose to start taking away sr only once I hit high Plat. We got around the same sr going from bronze to gold either way I gained more than him even with his disposition in those ranks. I guess the system starts to lower sr in plat and above.

What characters do you two play? PBSR exists until Diamond. He can be massively outperforming on a certain niche character like Lucio. If you’re in Diamond and he’s in Plat, you aren’t subject to PBSR anymore

we both dps I play a grandmaster level genji,hanzo,tracer, and soldier whereas he plays a master level moira,widow,and tracer.

Oh, is this true? I was gonna come and ask how did I end up losing 67sr in one match. I just played placements and played one game after it… My friend is somewhere around 2400 and well, I am at 2639sr. I was gonna make topic how discouraging it is to lose so much but oh well.

if your friend is in plat they will get more or less sr based on their performance (performance-based sr). but performance-based sr doesnt apply in diamond and above, so you will get the same sr for each win/loss regardless of performance or win streak.

New accounts (or accounts that have been inactive for a while) gain/lose more SR per game. This should damp down within 20 games (including placements).

1 Like