"Get some friends, there are 5 of us and you're alone."

They will eventually lose the right to play if they keep it up. Assuming you report and move on. It’s especially perfect if they use the chat box since those are sent with reports. But if it’s voice chat, you’re going to have to record it.

The best thing to do is multi-mute and alert the enemy team to report them as well. They will most likely do the same because a majority of players hate losers who find it necessary to take their pent up inadequacies/rage/issues/etc out on random people.

Your ad hominems are not necessary. Can’t have a debate without flipping out?

Literally nobody said that you could.

Again, it’s a fact that you don’t know how OP feels.

You can keep saying that you feel like we are “unfit to be on the internet” and that Dandy shouldn’t “seek validation” and “spiral into a rabbit hole” (as if you’re some kind of psychologist that knows what that even means) but the fact remains: you are not fit to judge someone’s feelings, no matter what. Your argument that you’re concerned about their wellbeing is moot since you clearly don’t understand how Dandy feels.

You keep pulling these ad homs (Dandy’s mental state to tell them to get off the internet) and they aren’t relevant to the topic. You’re being malicious to silence people, which is toxic and also derailing.

3 Likes

You’re a troll.
Have a nice day.

PS,
Anybody that is thinking of harming themselves, people out there care about you. Self-harm is not the answer. If you’re experiencing these urges then please talk with somebody. You can even reach out to strangers, anonymously, and receive help.

2 Likes

I’m really not, but you as well.

I can see right through your fake concern about others.

2 Likes

We should ban assault ropes.

1 Like

Fake concern eh? To be quite frank, if I compare Aesphyxias advice to this earlier statement of yours, I’d pick you as the fake:

1 Like

You can try to dismiss what I’m saying all you want.

1 Like

Strangers? You mean the people who are showing disregard and care for your life by telling you to kill yourself? Do you not see the contradiction in that comment?

People are not going to go seek help from strangers when strangers have shown to be toxic and uncaring. That is not an environment where someone in a sensitive state will feel comfortable enough to reach out. It is the total opposite of that. I don’t think you really have an understanding of those who suffer from depression and mental illness… cause your comments are coming across as uneducated in that field. Trying to give uneducated advice in this area can actually cause way more harm then good, if you don’t understand what’s going on.

3 Likes

Yeah cause everyone thinks just the same things as everyone else. Generalize much?

Strangers are just a big hive mind plotting against the oppressed
/s

2 Likes

Ad homs are just hot today. Anybody else got one?

1 Like

Kids, don’t you dare call the suicide hotline! You don’t even KNOW these people! Complete strangers telling MY kid not to kill himself? How very dare they!

3 Likes

People are less likely to open up to people who have once been abusive to them. If the only thing someone knows about interacting with strangers, is that they will be toxic and tell them to kill themselves, then it is counter protective to then tell that same person to reach out to strangers for help. What example have they been shown that it’s safe to reach out to strangers? They should just assume that its safe and expose a very personal part of themselves like that? That will never happen. You need a better understanding of mental illness to understand how very hard it is for someone to reach out for help.

OP is the type of example we want to get out there and show to others that there are good people out there who do care about others mental health and want to provide a more healthy environment for them. That is how you teach people that it IS safe to reach out to strangers. Be proof that strangers are caring and can show kindness and warmth. Don’t just demand that people assume it, while acting hateful and nasty to them. You are just displaying to them that yet again, strangers are uncaring and hateful. Your behavior and attitude is a total contradiction to the point you are expecting people to accept. How are people going to believe you that strangers can be kind, when you are being nasty and rude, and belittling to them, while trying to tell them that?

1 Like

I got some:

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

1 Like

It’s not me who keeps assuming things and generalizing concepts though.

It may be harder for someone with a mental illness to do some things that others find normal, but not impossible.

No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Also calling me “Nasty, uncaring, hateful, belittling and rude” doesn’t make you look any better.
Sarcasm or irony is just another way to convey a message whether you like it or not. A message that clearly flew over your head, otherwise there would be no need for me to point that out in the first place.

Now I am being told that I shouldn’t be playing this game? Sorry what? I’m 27 years old, I have received a ton of help and continue to receive help. I know what I am doing with my mental health, don’t need an armchair psychologist to comment on what I should and shouldn’t be doing thank you very much. Do you really think that someone who has a handle on their mental health should be silent about it? I’m not at risk anymore and I don’t get worried for myself or hurt myself, if I was, I sure as hell wouldn’t speak openly about my experience like this. That would mess me right up, it’s intense enough openly talking about it like this but I know what I am doing and it’s fine. I am a grown man and I am very resilient for my experiences. Many people playing this game are not as experienced as I am and are very unstable. They have a right to play this game too and I worry for those who would be effected by such bullying. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want to be accommodating to the people with mental illnesses either. It’s really sad what I’m reading and I don’t quite know how to address it, but the love being expressed in this thread is louder at the end of the day. Thank you for the support everyone.

3 Likes

“KILL YOURSELF DANDY, GET SOME FRIENDS, THERE ARE 5 OF US AND YOU’RE ALONE.”

I can’t read this without thinking that somebody must have said this to Chuck Norris or Jackie Chan in some movie somewhere along the line.

2 Likes

TBH it was just weird and creepy. I wish I could share the chat logs. Solo queue is fun for me for many reasons and I can’t imagine what it would be like to be so insecure that they’d assume I have no friends because I am in solo queue. It was so very toxic and weird. I made this post because it was so demented. That’s all. I’m not here for support or to seek validation. I got enough of that from within. I think sooner or later the internet is going to have to grow up and this type of dialogue happening is the only way to break the status quo. Silence maintains the status quo. The status quo is not good enough by my standards. Doesn’t mean I’m at risk because of it, just means I’m not cool with how it is. If you are cool with how it is, that’s fine, I respect that opinion, but I personally detest it and that’s just my opinion as an individual who has suffered and survived.

edit: Like none of you are even anonymous to blizzard. This isn’t 4chan. There are rules, you’re breaking laws and blizzard is enabling it by not permanently silencing those guilty of it. Let alone giving their information to law enforcement agencies. I don’t expect them to do anything like that because of the nature of the internet and the problem itself, but you could say that blizzard is sheltering criminals. By the time these people are silenced, they’ve already got their money out of the game and will probably just move on to tf2. It takes that long for action to be taken. If it resulted in a permanent silence it would pretty much instantly solve the problem. No it would not stop people from saying it in the first place, that is as everyone is saying impossible, but they would learn real fast not to waste their money.

1 Like

It is possible however, for BLIZZARD to make the punishment for these things more severe.

3 Likes

Do you just want sympathy? You know nothing will come from this post other than people saying how bad they feel for you. Report, mute and get over it. Snowflakes…

2 Likes

If you actually took the time to read the thread, you’d see that I don’t want sympathy. I want dialogue and that’s what is happening. This thread is serving its purpose. I’m sympathetic enough to myself. I am very understanding of my own struggle. Nice try though. So much has already come from this post, while there is a lot of sympathy being expressed, that is not the purpose. Sympathy is good though, this thread has a lot of mental wellness in it and a lot of mental illness. It’s bringing a lot to light and this is good. We’re all becoming more aware together, both sides.

2 Likes