Get ready to predownload Overwatch 2 guys! (Started)

I… was not aware this was even a limitation. Greatly appreciated. Now sitting here watching it absolutely destroy my bandwidth XD

But hey… I have nothing to do for the next couple hours.

EDIT: and done. … like 10 minutes tops. 30 Gigs altogether.

2 Likes

30gb I believe I need 20 characters

1 Like

Lets see what they have got. Ive been very critical of the game HOWEVER I hope this game exceeds expectations and is a proper return of the OW IP. Just a shame Campaign isnt at launch. Especially given the fact it was meant to be the selling point

Yeah I don’t see where to download this.

Its in the format of an update for Overwatch. Click check for updates on the setting symbol next to play. If that doesn’t work press scan and repair. A green download bar should show up.

I think the preloading is as much for Blizzard’s sake as for ours. If everyone downloaded 50GB at top speed at once on release day their servers would probably die a horrible death.

By having most players preload it, they can reduce this impact.

Oh I see, I didn’t have Overwatch 1 downloaded. Thanks.

just gonna leave this but a lot of the doom saying has been true.

not parts about it dying though.

Which is funny because as someone who played CSGO up to supreme level before I quit, most people were running that game at 150 on the high end and the average player was only playing at about 100. This notion Nvidia keeps pushing that you need to be running at 200fps to compete with people when just gaming is really hurting the PC gaming scene by trying to tell people from the outside looking in if you aren’t running $2000 setups you’re gonna be bad.

That is why I couldn’t find it. I was hoping OW2 would be an entire new game.

Yeah it’s crazy. But honestly I have a 360 and IT SUCKS. :joy: Image quality is piss. I actually aim much better on my 240 due to the clearer image and noticably lower input latency. Plus my framerate exceeds the refresh rate by a large enough value that I have no visible tearing and thus no need for g-sync, reducing latency further.

360 Hz is trash right now in my opinion, which may be part of why almost no pro gamer uses it. Even the ones who have it still play on 240 Hz in some cases.

The upcoming 1440p/360 monitors might be better. We’ll see.

1 Like

why would i not download it when i clearly stated i love the process

Yeah it’s excessive. I think 240 is amazing if you’re really serious about removing all barriers to your personal growth, but 120 is perfectly great for 99.99% of players. And the current 360 options are trash imo.

I find it interesting how some people are so angry at OW2 and yet rather than moving on and finding a new game/forum are still here… :thinking:

Thanks for the heads-up! Downloading it now! :slight_smile:

Also they seem to have changed the download settings if you want to tweak it to max bandwidth! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, I’m currently downloading OW2…

A game you won’t let me play!

I have cricket wireless

1 Like

WOO I downloaded it

I am so so so excited for October 4th I need the weekend to be over alreadyyyy

Thank you so much for this! Mine was literally only going up 0.01 GB every few minutes until I saw this!

It’s just Nvidia trying to push their overpriced cards to gullible people just getting into PC gaming but it’ll be scaring more people away.

Yup, mine just started. Had to uncheck the limit download so it would finish after sitting at 2% for an hour.