šŸ”· Get ready, the meta is about to get crazy

I honestly think it could be a deathball with Brigitte. Both Rein and Brig are overtuned as individual heroes atm and Rein, Brig, Zarya are still a dream team.

Then again, they donā€™t really got a dps that I can think of at the top of my head.

Meanwhile I still think Monkeyball with Tracer/Sombra could be a really powerful meta too.

The beginning of double shield meta, in GM, was Symmetra, McCree, and Doomfist. Them gutting Symmetra actually hurt McCree as he benefited fighting with and against her. This made room for Hanzo.

It only lasted a couple of weeks. It was blink and you missed it.

Some people being overdramatic as usual. They think if OWL players arenā€™t using their heroes 24/7 they must be absolute garbage. :roll_eyes: Thatā€™s really not how it worksā€¦

Mccree was meta for like two weeks once. When they first buffed his range because soldier was out classing him in every way. It didnā€™t last very long.

He was meta when double shield first started because of Symmetra really. And when they gutted her with like 8 nerfs in a row, he dropped off with her.

Being a great counter to her and a soft counter to Doom had given him a spot.

This. If Sigma becomes non-functional I get the impression people will just play hopscotch with Orisa and Rein. The damage drop doesnā€™t feel like the right target, nor the Fortify. I feel like taking out her added armor would have been smarter, along with an ammo reduction, but Iā€™ll have to play her to find out.

orisa+sig meta will never goes away untill mei exissts

I donā€™t know about dive. Monkeyball has some potential, even if just for the four sources of AOE damage just from the dive itself. Butā€¦thereā€™s the Brig problem, her armor pack really messes with all the dive heroes.

And who do you use for DPS? Genji? Canā€™t do enough damage against targets receiving healing. And Bap can basically nullify him by himself, between healing and IF.

Tracer? Maybe. But thereā€™s still that pesky Brig problem. She may not create the absolute no-go zone for Tracer that she used to, but she still creates an area of high risk, and her armor hurts Tracerā€™s damage.

Sombra? Has both the low damage problem of Genji and the Brig armor problem of Tracer. Though hack could be a thing against a Bap or a tank, I suppose.

Doom? Sniper food.

So dive has issues even before we get to Mei. Who basically murders it wholesale by hard countering all three dive tanks. And even if we remove her from consideration there is Hanzo and McCree. Hanzo has lunge to put space between himself and the dive. McCree just got that fat 50hp buff on the PTR that makes him a less attractive dive target, plus the stun. And Storm the Hammer sounds like the kind of nightmare that keeps tanks awake in a cold sweat.

Deathball sounds way more attractive right about now, doesnā€™t it? That said, Monkeyball is pure, unadulterated fun even when it doesnā€™t work so well. And if there is anything to be done with it, pros and GMs will figure it out.

Please no. Most people are terrible at the hamster.