🔷 Get ready, the meta is about to get crazy

I think we can safely assume now that the new feature coming next week is not 1-3-2 due these pretty steep Tank nerfs.

Unless Tanks are about to receive a massive buff across the board, ushering in the solo Tanking of 3-2-1.

If 1-3-2 actually ends up getting introduced next dev update, Hammond would literally be broken.

2 Likes

Meta will probably still be double shield but with rein

3 Likes

idk a part of me thinks they will find a way to still make the meta double shield…

Well… Jeff said so explicitly and emphatically only yesterday so… it’s an easy safe bet! :stuck_out_tongue:

The real question is whether or not McCree will finally be meta since launch. I eagerly await the results.

Hammond/Rein most likely. Honorable mention to Rein/Dva.

oh yeah, im pretty sure i ran into nateson in a skirmish on junkertown

McCree was meta with Doomfist/ Sym/ Hanzo during the first portion of Double Barrier?

Hammond is only in check because of brig and mei, more mei than brig.

Are they really horse crap now? Ptr is a terrible place to judge the actual competitive viability of a hero. The nerfs will without a doubt make the meta more diverse, but I don’t think orisa and sig are going to be F tier. They’re still going to be stronger than Winston and Dva. But hey I’m rooting for a Hammond meta. He’s my main :blush:

Whatever you say. Getting picked every now and again is not the same as being meta. Otherwise he was meta in goats too. Rofl.

Did you actually read my post? How did you get Hero Bans out of me referring to the 1-3-2 experimenting they were doing?

???

He wasn’t picked now and again

First it was Sym, she got nerfed into the ground because lolbalanceteam

Then McCree was meta, and he was replaced by Hanzo eventually because people started to realize that Hanzo was as broken as ever so he came back into the meta

McCree was the 2nd most used DPS hero in the game for a period of time in the last few months

Are you talking about ladder?

Yeah, ya know, the game you and I play?

uhm. sigma nerf was non existent. orisa is going to be ok but not strong. her tankiness is still there.

its going to be rein+Zarya all day.

That is not the meta. That is just… What people are playing? I want to see if McCree will be popular at the highest level for the first time since launch. That would be cool if so, but I have no idea what direction the meta is heading.

I honestly think it could be a deathball with Brigitte. Both Rein and Brig are overtuned as individual heroes atm and Rein, Brig, Zarya are still a dream team.

Then again, they don’t really got a dps that I can think of at the top of my head.

Meanwhile I still think Monkeyball with Tracer/Sombra could be a really powerful meta too.