Geoff appreciation thread

Hello Geoff,

To quote Angry Joe - Ya dun “mucked” it up!

Is there any chance on seeing a rework to Valkyrie or rez?

Valkyrie doesn’t feel like an ult. It doesn’t significantly change the state of the fight, and it overall plays like an “easy mode” for Mercy’s base gameplay (not very rewarding…). It feels really bad that the enemy team can ignore a Valking Mercy with no consequences.

E rez feels like a self-stun, which makes it very clunky to use (especially on a hypermobile hero like Mercy).

My main pain point with Mercy is that her skill ceiling is very low, and there’s almost no room for skill expression in her E and Q abilities. It makes her feel underwhelming and helpless to affect the match on her own.

8 Likes

Yeah he’s doing an awful job. But let’s appreciate that

Gotta love how Mercy somehow wasn’t the answer to this on.

I know my perspective is limited but from where I sit Geoff you are our last great hope at Blizzard. You are in my book O.G. and I wish you were running the whole show.

🥏 Reaper and Sym should be Lurkers not Flankers (don't make them Beyblade Heroes) Reaper and Sym should not be faster that’s a terrible idea

Brig whole existence is “pretty far off the mark”

I feel like you could play a game just based off this one thread…guess which character a person mains based off their replies…

Everyone has a different opinion of what balance in this game should look like…suffice to say that it’s an impossibly hard task to get everyone to a good place (and satisfy everybody’s wants or needs for each specific character…especially the people that only play one mostly)

With that in mind I think Geoff and the other people that work on the characters (it’s not just him) do a damn good job…all the characters have their strengths and weaknesses…everyone can be countered by something…there is no 1 character that you can pick and just win/lose every time with…

Like I know people think it’s “simple” but that is so far from reality it’s hilarious…everyone who thinks they can do a better job is out of their mind…like you want to see what unbalanced looks like?..give the controls to someone on these forums and let them balance it…and laugh when they don’t realize how biased they are towards particular characters

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple not to add utterly garbage (design wise) heroes like brig to a game. The sensible outspoken part of the community knew how utterly messed up her design was in a very short amount of time. The devs should’ve know better.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean I can understand the whole thing being her iconic thing but its so backward sto what they originally wanted to do.

In the rework, when she went live they accomplshed what they wanted which was to make her participate in fights and not hide away from them but she was obviously extremely overpowered.

Now she’s balanced but shes forced to hide away from fights and stop healing in order to resurrrect.

I personally try to never rez anyone because I hate the aspect of basically being self-stunned for an otherwise very mobile hero.

But its a very strong ability and so Im kind of forced to used it to optimize her but losing out on the ability to heal or do something is kinda sucky.

She already has the least self-sufficient kit, where the only thing she can do that she can impact the game with herself is use her gun, everything else you do is at the mercy of your teammates.

And while I understand the design and I love her for it, its also very frustrating to have this ability that contradicts the rest of her design.

But because its probably never going to be removed or changed in some way, the least I can ask if for the ability to cancel Resurrect and have it go on full cooldown. Or maybe have it go on like 15 seconds like when she cancels it herself in a similar way to how Sombra has a 2-second cooldown on hack if she gets damaged while trying to use it.

I think that it should still go on full cooldown if she was interrupted by the enemy but a self-cancel could reduce the cooldown. But I’d gladly take the full cooldown on a cancel just to have the opportunity to cancel it.

Like I said, shes already so much at the mercy (pun intended) of her team, to have her core ability also put her at the mercy of the enemy in order to use it without hiding is just a bit much imo.

But being able to cancel rez would go such a long way I feel in reducing the clunkiness if we cant just remove Resurrect altogether. I would even gladly take a larger cooldown if self cancelled as a penalty (at like 45 seconds or whatever) just to have the option to cancel it.

2 Likes

this is the kind of transparency we’ve been begging for for months and i’m so grateful.

“We’re looking into it. We don’t know if it willl work though.”

all we wanted

4 Likes

Could we ever see a possible change to Mercy’s resurrect while in Valkyrie. Her ultimates description says “All abilities enhanced” not word for word but everything is enhanced Healing and Damage boost chain beams, free flight, 10hps more healing, and faster GA speed. The only ability not enhanced is resurrect. Could that ever be changed?

Very glad to hear that our concerns about Symmetra are at least being investigated. Thank you for saying. It does alleviate a bit of the frustration.

I get what you’re saying about bypassing choke points. The teleporter really does need to spawn faster but if you’re too worried about whole teams bypassing the chokes, why not make it so that the teleporter can’t transport whole teams? Rather than give the teleporter unlimited uses for its duration, put a cap on how many times it can be used. The old teleporter could only be used 6 times before it was destroyed. Have the new teleporter be destroyed after either a set amount of time has passed or it’s been used 3 or 4 times. It might not be able to save whole teams from a Graviton Surge but it can at least save some and give defending teams a fighting chance at choke points.

If Reaper needs anything, it’s to be more difficult/have something to master.

3 Likes

tbh i’ve always thought the negativity towards Geoff and getting kinda singled out for dev mistakes is hella unfair

and i’m saying that as a DVa main

This has been a fantastic thread. Just wanted to say it.

One of those people being me.

Also, Jeff Kaplan apparently things Brigitte feels terrible outside of GOATS too, so please don’t act like this is set in stone. Apparently, even the dev team aren’t sure.

Are we ever going to have the moment you say, “When Symmetera was in Meta and a valuable asset to the team”?

Cause I am still waiting for that memory.

1 Like

She is bad outside of GOATs… and she’s also still strong, the two are not non-sequitur… and she was over-tuned at introduction. Geoff is sure of her state, not sure why you think they don’t.

1 Like