Genji should be a Blade Bot!

IMO, Genji most certainly should be a “blade bot”.
Dragonblade is one of the best things in all of Overwatch: it looks good, it feels good to do, and every hero in the game has a way to evade, disrupt or completely shut it down. Who doesn’t like a nanoblade highlight?

And who decided that a hero whose value is primarily in his ult is a bad thing?

Widow, Bastion, Pharah, Roadhog for example, usually provide little value with their ults (on most levels, and Widow’s ult is basically Hanzo’s cooldown ability, except sonic arrow doesn’t announce itself to everybody, so it has a chance of actually working (lol)).

Most heroes are not perfectly balanced in terms of value provided by their ults, primary fire and abilities, and that’s not a bad thing.

Making Blade worse would just be another step towards making this game more bland. As if it’s not sad enough with all the boring low-effort stuns, healing and heroes that basically play the game for you.
I would keep that +1 damage though, so Genji becomes a bit less useless compared to meta dps like McCree.

1 Like

It’s not about making the game worse, they’re setting up for OW2’s gameplay.

Removing the off-tank role reduces the amount of players on the field, reduces the amount of hero interactions and cooldowns.

So Genji is becoming even more of a flank based hero (likely) intended to solo-duo ult enemies. Kinda how Tracer pulse bombs are generally only anti-personnel.

Granted, Henji will need to gain ult faster for that kind of play style.

I’m speculating of course but to me it makes sense. In Overwatch 2, the game is going to have players much more spaced out. So Genji doesn’t need the ability to team wipe.

2 Likes

the problem is, the 6k team wipe tbag and meditate on their dead bodies emote is expected every time, and when it doesnt happen…you get hard flamed

1 Like

Well I mean I think your being sarcastic cause then he just would require an Ana… a naked blade is so dull… a symmetra force field may have more value.

The crux of the issue is “damage boost”. Maybe all ults should not be damage boosted or ults dog boost caps at 25%, then certain combos wouldn’t be so unique and powerful… they really like to create these super unique situations but then don’t like when it takes over the hero selection of the game.

Best moment in my games is soldier visor nano, valk, orisa drum… I cleared the whole team LOL.

thats what nanoblade consists of…

2 Likes

I mean I just made gold finally after 5 years but yea would suck if I HAD to have Ana if I pick genji. Cause the Reddit lucio or the mercy main would have to switch to a char they may not be comfortable with.

I really don’t think they would be setting up for OW2 with these changes. Makes no sense to me. They’ll just roll out all changes when OW2 comes out.

Well, that’s toxic noobs for you. Gotta learn to deal with it if you wanna play a fun hero.

Nanoblade is great, but naked blade isn’t a bad ultimate. Having watched so many insane blade montages, people expect every blade to be a teamwipe. In reality, most blades are 0 to 2 kills, nanoed or not. And that’s fine, because, if executed and timed well, they draw out all resources and attention from the enemy team.

You can’t really expect any ult to be a team wipe.

Nanoblade is great if you don’t get CC’d or solo graved but naked blade is suicide unless it is to clean up a team fight and not start one. There is a lot of ultimates that are little skill and high reward, and blade is high skill low reward and I think that is a problem because no matter how good you’re at blade you will still be shut down. Granted they nerfed blade which was actually fine as they pushed power to his base kit but it is still a really bad ultimate when there is so many other that only require one button to fill the killfeed.

1 Like

Me…

Nanoblade is braindead and honestly not difficult at all to do. I would much rather him have a stronger kit where skill and actual effort shine through more than “haha slash dash slash dash slash dash”

I genuinely enjoy more highlights of people getting 4k’s with dash right click combo’s than nano blade. It’s just simply harder and looks cleaner.

1 Like

Well, you can pull a naked Blade off if you track enemy’s cooldowns well and have the mechanical skill. Naked Blade isn’t even bad - it’s just one ult. Like deadeye or D.Va bomb, it doesn’t necessarily have to get kills.

But, yeah, all arguments for nerfing Dragoblade are just ridiculous to me, because literally every single hero has a solid response to it, sometimes multiple.

It is the most difficult ult to do, except for, maybe, Winston’s ult. You need both good gamesense and mechanical skill to consistently execute it well. Most other ults require only gamesense of varying degrees (usually less than blade).

Genji instakill combos are so hard to pull off that it’s impossible to do them consistently even for the best players. But yeah, sure, I enjoy them more, too, because of how hard they are.

Regular blade? Yes.

Nanoblade? No.

1 Like