Genji nerfs live in OWL?

If you’re referring to the 2 changes that were made to Genji as of Thursday, no, those changes are not yet live in the OWL client. It is unknown if the changes will be in play once the Countdown Cup begins next Friday.

1 Like

They use a different client?
Bruh

na, they wouldn’t be playing him.

3 Likes

the nerfs are not live in owl

not even dude, everyone on here agrees that hes still op and has always been. Watch dude, hes going to pop off in owl even after the nerfs get pushed through because hes op still /s

1 Like

doubt it, unless they change double shield so you can play dive.

hes going to be shelved for another 3 years dude. cant wait

sad times for OWL :frowning:

I’m not sure how it is this year, but the last two seasons only changed patches between stages so everyone got the same time on each patch. It wouldn’t be fair if only half the teams got to play with pre-nerf Genji.

They usually adopt the current live client in OWL a week or two after it goes public. It allows teams to have time to prepare for changes in future games.

They aren’t live yet lmao. Nice try

1 Like

no OWL is still on last patch

nope

The Genji buffs turned OWL into a ‘best Genji wins’ show. If Paris didn’t have Sparkle they’d be middle of the pack, but with his Genji they won the last tournament and might win this one too.

Fights just being decided by blade is even more boring than Goats. Teams literally just feed in and let blade kill them so that they can regroup and fight when it’s gone.

1 Like

The reason the buffs were put in was to make OWL watchable. They are still in.

Hopefully because all the pro’s are saying the exact opposite.

Umm

:thinking: :thinking:

I think if my memory serves me correct, the patch that the OWL teams play on only get updated with new patches after 2 weeks have passed, with certain exceptions for certain patches that contain important fixes.

I don’t know, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the article describing the patch cadence for the OWL teams, will need to have Wyoming or someone with better search-fu than me chime in…

1 Like

Now I understand why people wants different patches between owl and ladder
I’m against it but feels like they’re already doing it in some way

In OWL smart ***. That is what the original post you replied to is about.

2 Likes

It’s not a genji one show, the whole team is built to support genji, feeding ultimate charge with orisa pull and dashing through everyone.