Genji main privilege is real

More like they buff one role, it makes game frustrating for another roles, so they keep buffing that role, as it’s now majority.

No we arent forgetting that. Thes top picks are called meta for a reason. But being non meta doesnt equal bad. He was average performing and looked way better than actualy bad performing heroes. The thing is that Genji players try to redefine what it means to be viable and only if youre literally the top dog dps, youre actually “good”.

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense.

Are you saying they keep buffing dps so now dps players, who make up a majority of the playerbase/hero roster, are frustrating the other 2 roles?

…what?

They started with that. DPS became frustrating for other two roles, so players from those roles joined DPS. Now DPS are majority, so you have to keep buffing them.

That’s…not how this works.

That’s not how any of this works.

I suggest you quit playing and find a new game. The devs don’t care about anything but owl and are content letting their player base suffer in the name of protecting that investment. With how much money and big time owners are involved they stand to lose the future of all Blizz esports if ow as an esport fails. Not to mention contractually I’m guessing theyre on the hook for a fortune. You can’t ask a billionaire to invest tens of millions of dollars into something that fails a few short years later without them having some sort of parachute should that occur. They got that rich by being smarter than that.

In most metas tanks and supports exert far more influence over the game than the DPS, so this isn’t exactly inaccurate if you remove all the extraneous dramatization typically associated with Genji mains. The few exceptions we’ve had typically have an even greater gap between the top 2-3 DPS and those immediately after (double sniper, Mei/McCree). Meanwhile, I hear OQ is currently dominated by goats.

This doesn’t mean we should make Gengu #1 instead of fixing systemic design problems that lead to metas being restrictive and entrenched, but it is a pretty accurate statement about the game.

This mind set is insulting to all the actual bad heroes which struggle just to get an average performance. People are waiting just to be able to be somewhat competitive while Genji players think anything less than being meta isnt enough.

At this point I am convinced, that “tanks and supports have more influence on meta” is little more than words of comfort.

1 Like

I legitimately think that if they ever reach pre-buff Genji status, they’ll develop this opinion in due time.

If we theoretically ban the 2 most meta DPS in the game it doesn’t change the meta as much as it would for the 2 most meta tanks or the 2 most meta supports.

Hell, we could ban the 4 most meta DPS to account for the roster size difference and in most cases it still wouldn’t change the meta much.

Thanks, it comforts me a lot, every time I get chased around by flankers no one cares about. Being reminded, that my choices define meta, really helps to make whole situation less depressing /s

this is how these statements look to me as a sym main:

don’t sound privileged at all /s

2 Likes

Top tier problems…

Enough heroes been sent not just to “non-meta” state, but into almost trash can state, and we somehow should feel bad for one of most annoying heroes being out of meta? Get out of here.

1 Like

This eerily mirrors oppressed groups in real life squabbling amongst themselves due to the perceived impossibility of uniting and actually fixing the system.

I’m like idk, 43% serious.

been there, tried, failed:

• made various threads on forums about how blatantly detrimental infinite tp is ever since it was on ptr patch notes. many getting decent amount of hearts
  • made reddit threads in the sym-hating competitiveovereatch subreddit which also got quite a lot of upvotes which grabbed the attention and agreement from some notable community members like fenner and a member of the private discord andygmb (who was also one of the people who was immediately against it); see
  • andygmb even asked jeff about it in the private discord while providing feedback about how bad it is

and we still have infinite tp. so “seemingly impossible to do anything about it” isn’t really much of an unreasonable conclusion here.

heck we’ve united and asked for friggin a golden glove or just more victory poses and a highlight intro to show off her golden weapon for years and we still can’t get that (she literally has none to show it off her gold weapon). see

so don’t go off about implying we haven’t tried.

3 Likes

NGL, that is actually the reason why I said 43% serious and not like, 99%. It’s just the behaviors are eerily similar to real life even if the circumstances are not.

1 Like

Doomfist broke the game so badly that now all flankers are being turned into hyper mobile burst damage hero’s to compete with Doomfist. Let that sink in.

2 Likes

Why else do you think Mei is nerfed in LEGIT every aspect. Becouse ppl get annoyed by her and dont like to see any pickrate ad all her be in owl.

More because she is an obstacle - her ice wall can ruin Genji’s dash or Doomfist’s punch by suddenly appearing in the way. Entertaining kill from one of dev’s loved heroes, ruined in such rude and “no skill” fashion.