Genji is dead now

This game is suffering Genji players ‘cause his game design concept is over risky like old Reaper, especially now.

His most undoubtedly taking damage way is need approach so closely to enemy. (Since left click is joke on mid distance.) Any CC and beam eat him. Wall climb, double jump and deflect are useless by stun, sleep, Moira, doom, boop, stun, freeze. Dash into row target and lump of enemy is most risky (and needed for Genji as dps) move in this game.And not easy to hit full right click.

Ok, this problem is ingrained.I don’t care to put off dealing with this.

So my main opinion is just DO “FAIR” REGULATE.
Why get damage or even headshot during dash?
Why so hard to do wall climb?
Why not regulate most garbage ability Deflect?
Why blade hit effect happen although not hit, but why nanoblade is stupidly destruction?

Before joking present to Soldier, clear regulation for Genji.

7 Likes

Calling a character dead just seems kinda overdramatic and ruins any point to the thread imo.

16 Likes

Genji is dead, long live Genji.

18 Likes

is this google translate? not being rude, just that the post is kind of hard to understand.

in any case i think genji has always been in an okay spot. those who put in the effort and practice are rewarded enough, while those who pick him up and expect hard carry are going to make mistakes

3 Likes

Pharah is rolling in the grave

11 Likes

OMG, he is only the second highest picked DPS in the game, we need to help him!

10 Likes

Bastion players would like a word with you.

16 Likes

Genji / Tracer have to be played better than somebody like Reaper to get the same value.
Take it as a challenge, when you get sick of sweating switch to one of the easier heros.

2 Likes

Many more than one…

3 Likes

How many words can one person speak?

(are there any bastion players now?)

2 Likes

The highest dps picked in the game are hanzo, widow, mcree, doomfist, and did I mention widowmaker?

oh wait, I missed McCree, he is the one DPS above Genji.
(source overbuff, all ranks, comp only)

Yep, looks dead to me. /s

I should check QP.
Oh Wait it is the same

obviously dead. /s

Have you even tried Experimental Mode 1-3-2?

Genji looks good to me. A lot of pressure is off of Genji. He can hunt and target healers more with the other two DPS applying good pressure.

This many:

[💔 Bastion ISN’T being forgotten, he’s being ignored]

I already told you. BECAUSE HE IS POPULAR. Y[quote=“RobotWizard-116887, post:16, topic:465508”]
right. so popular hero = dead in the game.
[/quote]

right. so popular hero = dead in the game.

Oh wait, that isn’t how it works at all…

Second most popular DPS = is dead now /s

2 Likes

He is playable, but he is super hard to get value. He gets picked because he is fun and popular hero. Mercy players have proved that even tho she was garbage they still played her multiple times. Why is this so hard to understand?

4 Likes

Because the moment someone starts saying the hero is dead, When they are played a lot at all ranks, AND isn’t even the bottom 5 win rates in their role, I have trouble taking them seriously.

Oh yeah, Genji is dead now… poor hero which is outpicking most other heroes in the game /s

3 Likes

i’m not saying he is dead. I’m saying that just cause his pickrate is high doesn’t mean he is good. Mei is SUPER ULTRA BUSTED (not really, but she is not fine) right now and yet her pickrate and winrate are balanced. It’s like you forget that not too long ago Rein was pure trash yet had decent pickrates all over the place.

OP is.

Hell the title of the thread is “Genji is dead now”

I think it deserves some mocking for being completely out of touch in the game.

There has to be a level of goodness to have high pick rates. Many heroes are in a worse state than Genji is.

Lets crowd them out of the game even more…

However, I do think that Moira needs her beam tightened up a little to try to get her pick rate down in the lower ranks (since she is crowding out the other supports) - and her damage raised a little (so she is more useful in higher ranks)

and I think that, because she counters genji a little too much.