Genji Finally Viable Again

Jeez people, last time Genji was this viable was when a time the Swedish Nuisance known as Brig-yeet didn’t exist. As a washed up Genji main, I’m finally happy that he’s in his right place right now.

18 Likes

Yeah I guess. Plus I find the game less enjoyable back when it was first released in 2016. And that was the time when I really sucked at OW because OW was the first FPS game I’ve ever played after 6 years (first game was CS and that was ages ago).

Now I’m just a washed up player (after 2 perma bans; this is my third acc) who just enjoys the least of the game. Playing certain heroes are now more like a task rather than because you want to play as that hero; because you are good at that hero. You have to play certain hero to counter another hero. Pfftt. I know the goal of the game is to counter other heroes but like, they didn’t make 30+ characters for nothing right?

I used to think how am I going to hate this game when I first saw my friend playing this game and fell in love with it; but look at me now, 4 years into the game and is already washed up, and now my toxicity grew and grew bit by bit after games.

I hope after this people will hate genji as much as they currently hate doom after he was meta in doubleshield, and keep him permanently UP. :+1:

I actually thought genji needed buffs, some minor ones, but they went nuclear.

50 Likes

By ‘viable’ do you mean overtuned?

87 Likes

Nah, I’m a DPS main and I do feel every heroes’ nerfs and buffs when they go live. Poor Doom.

1 Like

I know right, all those support players complaining about Brig and Moira… :roll_eyes:

52 Likes

I mean come on bro, the pree buffs Genji’s shuriken are trash af, and now people are complaining about his nanoblade which wasn’t touched by the devs at all. Nanoblades have always been that way pre or post buffs. Maybe sure tune his ult build up speed a bit but leave his shuriken damage the way it is right now. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Well technically he can charge it faster (the blade at least)

11 Likes

Hes not just viable, hes straight up broken. Hes far more oppressive than hanzo when the character was meta. I have barely 30-40 hours on actually playing genji and I managed to steamroll a game last night just because I wanted to try him out, was amazed at how much damage he can put out, I had a blade every fight and the deflect buff made me confident enough to go into a 1v3 and still manage to get away Because the deflect lasted long enough for me to get a kill and the ability to simply cancel it to get out to safety. I didn’t even get nanoes and got a 5 man kill without having to even use my blade but hey you claim hes balanced. I feel bad for support players because all I ever did was wait until a fight would start and then I would sneak behind the enemies and burst down an ana, zen, moira or mercy while they were too focused on healing their team. Brig seems to be the only counter left to genji and barely because he deals so much damage now and I easily dance around brig

44 Likes

Anyone who calls this hero (any hero in general on the forums) overtuned havent learned/are too lazy to learn how to counter/kill him.

Cmon mate… It’s not that hard thing to do unless you people we’re really bad at the game.

2 Likes

Can’t counter someone if you are dead

I mean:
Winston: Just shuriken to the face or dash away and poke from afar
Moira: shuriken to the face or dash away
Mei: shuriken to the face or dash away, can also wear out cryo

6 Likes

ye but id rather not get deleted from the game by a random genji who right clicks and dashes

3 Likes

So currently his pickrate is dropping cause it’s almost like using the stats right after a hero gets buffed isn’t the best idea

3 Likes

But remember the games when I pull out my blade and got hit by literally every CC in game to Overwatch 2? Wasn’t a good feeling.

Yes you can.
But not with this mindset/mentality, no. You cant.

It literally doesnt take effort to kill him. Sorry not sorry but the forums are not the place where you can take balance suggestions & such seriously.
Cause all ya people can do is be biased/entitled, point fingers, cry nerfs for anyone who dared to kill them & something else ridiculous.

Looks at the GM stats…

I guess they are just trash at the game…

Cus nothing says dropping like going up from 5.8% to 6.6% in the last 2 days.

28 Likes

Ohnoeyy how dare I look at the stats from overbuff.

Come up with better excuse or nothing at all.

Im not talking about gm stats. The fact that people on the forums are the majority who still belongs in the lower bracket sr in fact tells you something cause they only put their efforts into whining instead of learning how to get good at the game.

1 Like

Mmm, nope. Actual data says otherwise, bud.

9 Likes

Was he at 6.6% yesterday? Because he’s currently at 5%

That’s a solid 1.6% drop in less than a day

2 Likes

Thats part of the game and cc has been toned down by the recent patches, cc is almost a joke at this point and only a bad genji player will rush into a cc comp anyway. It should not take a full team full of cc for genji to switch out. It takes a hanzo player a winston/genji combo to force a switch or a hammond and dva combo to force out a switch, it takes 2 hitscans to force out pharmercy etc. genji now needs as many cc as possible to stop a nano blade which is terrible balance design

10 Likes