Genji changes | Curious

When I said this the genji mains said I was over-exaggerating. Will anyone admit that it will change breakpoints now that the devs said it?

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

I made a thread once back when they did changes to the value of beam characters. I pointed out how it was actually a nerf to Symm and had people arguing that it “wasnt actually a nerf but a buff”

A dev literally came in and said “sorry about the unexpected change, we are looking into fixing her” and admitting it was a nerf. People STILL argued it was a buff despite a dev clarifying.

My point is even if devs say it some people will still argue against it :laughing:

1 Like

why would anyone disagree that it changes breakpoints

20 character limit lol

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

these people arent arguing against breakpoints. these guys are saying his damage is negligible

The entire context was about breakpoints of other abilities in relation to +1 dmg buff, hence why I quoted it in full.

which devs agree with. Swift Strike will end up being that attack, and we will feel the lower ttk.

1 Like

no i understand the context, but hes saying any damage he does gets outhealed. hes not referring to his breakpoints.

It does change breakpoints, just not the important ones. It makes him better against 225 and 250hp targets in particular. Though I guess it makes him a little bit more consistent and lets him one-shot with melee?

But the nerf to dragonblade was also pretty minor, so… eh.

1 Like

I mean, healing does factor into breakpoints. Otherwise chip damage would be insane from the likes of solider when in reality it isn’t.

Not to poopoo what you are saying, but that is the vast majority of the roster that is 250 and lower.

1 Like

200hp heroes don’t really change breakpoints, except you can use melee instead of dash to 6 shuriken kill a target and you can insta-kill a 200 hp hero with melee (you could’ve used dash before). Both are relatively minor buffs.

It’s 225hp and 250hp heroes in particular that are affected, except Torb.

And I mean, the only matchup that really matters for Genji is Mccree. This makes the matchup more of a fair fight between the two… As for the other heroes… You probably won’t be diving a Doomfist/Reaper/Mei as Genji.

I think some Genji mains wanted the +1 damage because of the breakpoints

This change is good though because it makes Genji more of a proper DPS rather than a ult-bot, his pickrate hasn’t been healthy at all since the giga-buff then nerf
Plus blade takes three swipes with no damage assistance/boost to kill 225 health targets, of course Genji normally swift-strikes in but there still will be situations where this does matter

The “breakpoints” don’t matter too much when they both require perfection. You won’t see Genjis one-shotting people regularly.