Genji can't deflect Junker's knife?

The whole point of Genji is to be able to flank by putting himself in danger but to be able to survive with his deflect and dash. If Junkerqueen can destroy Genji’s entire action with a single knife during his delfect, that’s just stupid.

1 Like

I can understand things like matrix not absorbing the knife for gameplay reasons, but yeah Genji should be able to deflect it

You’re right.
At the very least he shouldn’t take damage or bleed from the knife while deflecting.
It really messes with his kit.

how often you jump in front of someone to deflect all the cd’s they throw just to get hit by knife and get rolled. (maybe i should just git gud?)

Rock makes sense because it’s an f’ing rock, but a knife… really?
idk. maybe it makes sense for tanks to have all the CC.
But at the same time that puts a LOT of pressure on tanks to counter anything significant.

If you can hit a double-jumping, tiny frame robo flea with a resetting dash with that knife then you’ve earned the bleed damage.

3 Likes

Reflects knife into Junker Queen. Junker Queen recalls knife. Junker Queen spins in the air forever.

Imagine Junker Queen accidentally pulls her own teammate towards her

Junker Queen tells Genji to put his little sword away when she kills him during his ult

that says everything imo :sunglasses:

How would you make this work operationally?

If Genji deflects it, does it then hit an enemy target and Wound them? Does the Wound start healing Genji, or Queen?

If Genji Deflects it does it just bounce on the ground or fly into the direction Genji angled his deflect? Or does it return to Junker Queen?

I get the concern and the general “rules” on various abilities like Deflect where Genji should be able to deflect it, but at the same time, Queen’s knife has some very different operations for a projectile that makes this harder as a clear-cut fix.

I think it should be a special interaction where the knife just bounces off

Or maybe it’s not special and it just clinks and Queen immediately recalls it

Or it does bleed the target it hits but no one recieves any healing

It’s not too wild