Genji and Tracer Nerfed on PTR

Again, like I told a user from before… think of it however you want.

I think it is a fix more than anything.

2 Likes

I guess I have a different way of viewing thing I supposed.

1 Like

You are not alone in that. I think that every hero change in this patch can be directed traced back to forum balance threads. It’s a very community feedback PTR patch.

1 Like

I brought that up because quite funnily, the community sees the Doomfist Rocketpunch hitbox decrease and recent increase as buffs, and the Genji deflect hitbox reduction as a fix. Blizzard however writes them in the patchnotes as the opposite.

1 Like

Your delusion is hilarious.

1 Like

Tracer main here, I’m ok with it due to pulse bombs low charge rate.

1 Like

Oh blizzard :wink:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Hey ZodiHD do you think these changes to Tracer is going to affect her overall role as an Offense hero?

I want nerfs for both, but they nerfed the wrong things. They don’t need damage nerfs, they need mobility nerfs.

My ideas:
For genji, no more countdown reset when he kills someone with swift strike.
For Tracer, more time to recharge blink.

But nerf on mobility would not be necessary if Blizzard had turned Mei into good counter option for both.

Genji, Tracer, and Junk nerfs? Lucio buff?

It’s like Christmas in April.

1 Like

Does anybody have any video to see the hitbox? is there like an effect where you can clearly see where it is now? I can access PTR but ofc cant see myself if i play genji.

The Deflect one will, had no idea about the pulse bomb one till now but there’s no real reason why it wouldn’t go through if they bothered putting it on the PTR after internal testing, it must do what they want it to; Stop being a crazy tank buster.

Hopefully Bastion gets some loving. Hopefully more than what Reaper got though.

1 Like

I know a few famous youtube such as OhNickel will be uploading a video of the new deflect changes NOT NERF.

Both nerfs are not significant.

The deflect nerf really only changed 2 things.

1. Genji is weaker to splash effect. It’s actually very easy to flashbang through deflect. A nerf but not hero breaking.

2. People with aim skill of Mercy/Moira/Brigitte mains will not have bullets deflected back to them when they try to shoot at Genji. You are not punished for bad aim vs deflect Genji now.

Pulse Bomb

A 25% damage nerf, similar to what Genji got 2 years ago. Tracer’s play style and overall power still remain the same (which is a good thing).

Yes and no, she will still do the same stuff, but her ultimate won’t be as effective. But with genji, tracer, dva and zen nerfs, dive will probs be closer to par with that of some other comps.

We just have to wait and see.

I can tell you from testing with my brother, there is no more reflecting from the side at all. There is no more reflecting a few feet out in front of you. For example, if you have a teammate standing right in front of you and you reflect, they will now get shot regardless. Used to be, his reflect went out a few feet in front of him, which is also why he could actually stand behind an enemy, hit his reflect, and reflect them from behind. That is gone. It’s pretty much only going to reflect bullets shot straight at you. As it should.

hahaha Genji nerfed harder than Tracer OMEGALUL