Games with Diamond level players

So let’s say I’m a 3500 DPS player and I queue with my 3400 DPS player. Knowing that hero bans are only gonna affect Master and GM level players in the future, how will the game I’m about to play be handled?

Will it be based off of the teams SR? In that case what happens if the enemy team is less than 3500 and my team is over? Will we have bans and they won’t?

Will it be based off of individual SR? In that case if McCree is banned that week will my friend be able to play McCree and I can’t?

How will that work to be fair for everyone?

3 Likes

Very insightful, i didn’t even think about this. Hero pools really are a disaster.

6 Likes

They really should just be OWL only. They are professionals they get paid to scrim for that kind of stuff why does it need to be in regular games.

2 Likes

I think the most logical answer to this is that it’s going to be based off of the game’s average SR, which is still stupid becuase as a masters player I still get thrown into games that are average ~3200-3300 SR.

Imagine all the people about to smurf or derank so they can finally play Widow or Mccree…

3 Likes

And I’m just about to hit Diamond for the first time ever (on Support, mostly playing Lucio). Won’t be fun for me IF I make it there. I’m off by 96 SR.

Assuming no one actually read the edit, it’s confirmed the game will take the team average SR into account for both teams.
If you’re Masters rank but you’re in a game where the team average SR is <3500, no hero bans, and vice versa per any rank accordingly.

3 Likes

It’s based on average SR. The average SR of your team has to be 3500+ for hero pools to take effect.