Games Like Apex Shows Overwatch Is Too Team Dependent

That seems to be a central issue with Blizzard’s current philosophy going on quite a few years now: eliminate individual performance in favor of shared team results.

They seem to have a fear of players feeling like (or getting pointed out) they’re weighing the team down, or that their screw up is the reason the entire team lost.

And in pursuit of eliminating that situation of “x player let the team down”, they made it near impossible for players to carry the team.

1 Like

They’re both a FPS???

RIP Apex legend an average battle royal made to look good by paying ninja millions of dollars

Well this aged badly.

Because Overwatch was advertised as a “team based shooter”. It’s meant to be team based, but u can still carry, just get good.

Except that Apex Legends doesn’t do that any more than OW. I’ve been playing both games and it’s basically the same in that regard. If you just walk into an enemy team alone in Apex you will get rekt unless you are far superior in skill and by superior I mean that you are like GM and they are Silvers or Golds. It’s the same in OW if you put a Master player against Bronzes or Silvers he is going to destroy them. But if the teams are actually balanced then that doesn’t happen. Apex is just as team dependent as OW.

I think the inital interest was so large that the game could make a come back if they play their cards right. I’m expecting a large advertising / paid streamers campaign once they add a big update. I personally stopped playing as it feels the game goes nowhere, but the base product is brilliant.

But then tanks and supports would be complaining dps has too much carry potential, you might as well make tanks less tanky while supports have less healing, in exchange, buff all of their dps up.
Zarya and Road are good example of high carry potential tanks.

Apex died by emulating Blizz in their lazy and slow balance.

That and the most pathetic offering of a season pass in gaming history

But the twitch numbers!!! They meant apex was the greatest game ever after 1 week…surely it cant already be dead…right? :joy:

tbh apex fails not because they’re bad.
They are losing players because of all the lags, exploitable bugs, no new content, and a lame battle pass.
As for the core gameplay and teamwork, the op is right.

that’s pretty much a feature that devs like, if you want to play a more individualistic game, well, apex is a good one but if you want to try and colaborate with other people then Overwatch is here

I think that’s the appeal of the game for many, let’s try not to take it away out of a whim yeah?

So play Apex?

You clearly enjoy that, and others don’t. Dumb argument.