Game's CPU usage stuck at 100%

not sure if this issue is just something I’ve solely run into, but whenever I turn on OW2 my fps is fine up until kiriko shows up on the menu screen. I checked my task manager and it’s been taking up 75% of my cpu, and overall it caused my cpu to reach 100%.

I’ve updated my drivers, did a scan and repair, I lowered all my graphics to low, and I have a good enough PC to run OW2 and many other games (i have an i7 and an rtx 2060). I’ve also cleaned up my c drive and all of that stuff, yet I’m still stuck with 5 fps and a cpu that’s overclocked. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Hello!

You are definitely not alone. There are many topics out there, but one stands out:

I have linked to one of the last posts, because it is recent and people are trying to post possible solutions. However, that is the main topic for the crashes, blue/black screens, lags etc.

Maybe give it a try. There is also a Blue Post (Blizz), maybe check that out too:

1 Like

oh my goodness you are an absolute lifesaver. limiting the cpu cores fixed it for me, thank you!

1 Like

Happy it helped for you with this issue!

Maybe “mark as solved” so others can easily find the post.

See you on the battlefield!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.