Gamerant's Battle Pass Slow Progression

I’m guessing the screenshots were from 4 days ago, and put under NDA.

It’s 9 weeks, not 2 months lol

Such an odd number. It’s like they want to create overlap with the next year.

1 Like

There is a major disconnect between the people who need OW2 to be successful, and those on the outside.

The OW channels: its great! blizzard let us kiss their feat in fealty!

Everyone else: its the same f2p grind we are all tired of at this point.

15 Likes

Oh yeah maybe… I can’t remember if it was a live video on Twitch or a Youtube video. I’m doing a lot of things at the same time :sweat_smile:

I feel like a BP should be 10-12 weeks minimum

1 Like

Ya you got to take the content creators response with the biggest spoonful of salt. They probably want the game to succeed more than blizz does at this point.

4 Likes

it’s okay, we can shrug off any reporting that makes [thing] look bad and claim it’s misinformation

(even when doing this is actual misinformation)

so, any criticism based on this "mis"information doesn’t matter!

it’s just astroturfed hate that comes from this one hive mind of really mean people who want this redefined sequel to fail! how dare they?! :rage:

/s

2 Likes

One part of me wants Blizzard to take the criticism to heart and to change things for the better.

The other part wants to taste the salty tears of people who defended this bullcrap and realize one week before their “BEST Battle Pass EVER” expires, that it will cost them another 20-50 bucks to unlock the Mythic Genji Skin in time :joy:

10 Likes

so I guess it takes 2 hours a day for a month to complete the BP if we have the Premium BP… knowing we have 2 months. That’s a lot of hours to invest on a 6-year old game…

I hope the upcoming Halloween event is fun though, with a Legendary difficulty or something. That’s the only thing I’m looking forward to play.

3 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if they put a price point on it. Like $5 to play the event or something ridiculous. Even slapping $1 on it or gating it with the new currency on it, would be ridiculous.

3 Likes

Oh I see, I expected something like 90+ days lol

Its faster than i thought, 26 lv in 10 days with 2 hours a day means 2.6 lv per day, 1.3 lv per hour

I only plan playing OW2 2-3 hours a day and i thought i will only get 1.5 lv per day, so this is actually a good news for me

1 Like

No, they’re keeping that for the real PVE mode :slight_smile: ! I don’t know if you’ve ever played a F2P PVE mobile game but there are tons of them that sell “attempts” to accomplishing a mission. Those attempts are on a real time cooldown (one attempts resets every 5-6 hours or something).

If Blizzard really wants to be greedy, they could go for that in 2023 with their PVE mode :p…

Anything is possible at this point :p…

This does not bode well at all.

Apparently, it’s 63 days and it takes around 10 days to get to tiers 26 if you play 2 hours a day (with the Premium BP 20% XP boost).

So I guess, it would take you around 30-40 days to completing the BP if you play the game regularly (at least 2 hours a day) as there are 80 tiers.

Keep in mind, they had challenges to complete at first. Sure, it’ll go by quick as you complete challenges but what happens when you run out? How much do you get from per match win and loss? It could be REALLY slow.

1 Like

What annoys me the most is the amount of challenges that revolve around playing Competitive games (and winning them). I didn’t intend to play Competitive at all…

I’m an Arcade boy (I mainly play Mystery Heroes and 4v4 - endorsement lvl 5 haha) and I haven’t seen anything related to those…

Tier 26 after 83 games? Ahahahahaha nooooo I’m good. I am so good. Ahahahahaha!

2 Likes

big lmao to people who fell for payed influencers shilling before.

6 Likes

The battle pass lasts for 63 days. In 10 days, these guys got 26 tiers out of 80.

That’s not bad. At all…

In 20 days, they’d be 3 tiers away from unlocking Kiriko and they’d still have 43 days left to complete the battle-pass.

Did you think you’d be completing an 80 tier battle-pass designed for a 9 week season in just 10 days? :skull:

1 Like