Game taking forever to open? Try this

I think I may have found a solution to fix the slow loading of the game. (At least for now it seems to have fixed it for myself and everyone else I’ve suggested this to)

I simply moved all of my saved highlights into a different folder not associated with the game and now the game loads up instantly again. Not sure if there is any correlation to this being the cause but it seems to have fixed it. Might be worth a try if you’ve been experiencing this problem too.

Hope it helps.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh my god, thank you so much ! You’re a lifesaver !

I actually did that, now the game just launch in a matter of second !

Thanks a lot bro !

1 Like

Howdy!

Can you please let us know if you move the saved highlights back, if the issue returns? Just for confirmation?

Please also let us know which hard drive you have the game installed too and if possible post your Dxdiag for us to review. We are looking into this issue and more data would be helpful!

Thank you!

1 Like

Zuvykree, I tested this last night myself.

I have a dedicated 480GB Kingston SSD for my games and my documents directory where highlights are saved is on a 3TB Seagate drive. With the files in the directory it took 8 minutes to start the game, without it was instant. After putting the files back the behaviour returned.

2 Likes

I can confirm this fix works for me.

I have the game installed on a secondary 500GB Samsung 850 EVO drive. (D:)

After the update that happened just today, it seemed like it just wouldn’t launch.

I moved the contents from my %userprofile%/Documents/Overwatch/videos/overwatch folder to an unrelated folder.

That fixed it! Tried to launch, and the game loaded quickly just as expected.
Proceeded to join 3 straight games where everyone picked dps.

EDIT:
So I tried launching the game again. The videos folder was supposed to be already empty. But it’s taking forever to launch again. I’m not sure what else to do (I mean except do other, more productive things).

1 Like

Just tried this myself and bingo worked, thankyou

1 Like