Game Optimization

Most of us have heard about the news regarding the game itself and how it will need to be reinstalled in order to allow for game optimization.

So the big question is, how much will this actually affect performance as an average %? As someone who got the game and started off getting 100 FPS low settings and being able to even kick it up to medium if I wanted to, to now not even getting 60 fps on the lowest settings the game can offer without going below 900p (my monitor’s standard resolution).

Blizz, please give us some rough numbers so we know what to expect and if those of us with poorer quality computers can finally begin to rejoice and play the game without being interrupted by frame drops.

Edit: Note that this is based on the common theory and not confirmed

Wait… the most important part, so if I reinstall ow now, i get better fps?

No, this supposedly will come to the ptr soon ™. I just want some rough numbers early so I can prepare.

Mind posting the sauce?

Edit: My apologies, its right on this forum The next major patch will require a full reinstall

ooooh maybe they will fix hitboxes.

Where did you hear about game optimization? The OP only mentions “fundamental changes to the game client”. It could include optimization, but it doesn’t necessarily imply it.

2 Likes

Sorry I made an edit to fix that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just glad I didn’t miss out on hearing optimization news. I hope we get it though. My game will lose FPS for like a minute at random times during the game.

1 Like

Same here, Like I said in the post, I used to play above my PC’s recommended settings and now I can barely play at minimum settings