Game mode being abused (copied work with cheats for host)

Hello,

I’d like to report an abuse with workshop game code ZDVDZ by БРУКБУДИН, but I couldn’t find an other way than writing this on the forums.

This game code is a clone of code HA7M4 for 2D Overwatch. This is a rework by me (code HA7M4), but I’m not the original author. More info here: workshop.codes/2d-overwatch
I understand that it’s allowed to create new game codes of existing codes, but the problem is that game code ZDVDZ has 5 additional rules which contain cheats for the host player: more damage, resize of the hero and a command to get Reinhardt at will. Regular players are not aware of that. You can look for yourself in the workshop (last 5 rules).

Another thing that happened is that code ZDVDZ became very popular, due to Blizzard’s algorithm I suppose (new release?).
It was listed as hot at the front page, so now there are many of servers with the abused game code ZDVDZ.
Servers with my game code (without the cheats) are now very rare. I also made some recent updates to the game mode but people don’t get it anymore because they play code ZDVDZ instead.

What can we do about this? To be clear: it’s not about using other people’s work, it’s about abusing them.
I think this is wrong and unfair and hopefully Blizzard can do something about it.

Kind regards,
Dutchli

We can’t do much about it here, report the abusive mode in-game and encourage others to do the same if they dislike these abusive mechanics, which is not orginally intended, to increase the chance of actions against this, we have new report tags available which in quotes Blizzard promised (i doubt it tbh a little bit) seeks to take responsibility. Meanwhile, take the abusive code variant and edit it on your own by removing the mentioned 5 critical rules on your own, generate a new share code, start spreading your new version by mouth to mouth propaganda or so, and do not forget to credit the original author ofc. Or you can play and spread again, the original authors game mode HA7M4 . Community behaviour is hard to direct with just one button, more actions are invovled and required, you won’t also get a solution very fast patient and compassion is required from here, I am sorry(I do not work for Blizzard).

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I just reported it in-game. I thought I could only report in-game if it has an inappropriate description, but that is optional.