Game Masters can't view MMR data

Via information gleaned from past support tickets.

Why is this relevant?

• If you have MMR wind up in a horribly bad state, you can match with players who are a magnitude more likely to false report spam each other.
  • They cannot accurately review bans and suspensions if they lack a critical piece of information.
  • Ergo, they have automated a part of the ban system, without giving employees the proper access to even decipher what happened.
  • It is also confirmed they do not weight reports differently, so bans are by popular vote. They do filter them based on heuristics, but very conservatively.

As such, if you play too much while your mmr is in a bad state giving you trolls for a few days straight, you can quite literally be indirectly pigeonholed into a ban with no oversight. The lack of normalization of report weighting by the MMR of all participants in a match, and the lack of giving the proper employees access to viewing such information, implies grave consequences.

I’d expect much better from a multiplayer game half a decade into its existence. Not weighting reports by MMR qualities, and having a bare-bones popularity contest in place, is really a do-it-live meme that has no place in a triple-A game.

As a side-note: If you find yourself being reported too much, and you have a smurf account… Simply rotate accounts around. Report counts have an expiration timestamp on them, so playing on multiple accounts grants you ban immunity, outside of cheats and manual’s. Be careful, as there is a re-weighting of reports temporally, whereby 5 reports in the same match is greater than five matches of one each. This is also how the mmr system can pigeonhole people into a ban… as it is very streaky.

4 Likes

What is exactly your issue? You wrote a lot of not exactly related stuff together. Cant you say what is your issue in few words?

Were you bannad? And you blame your bad MMR for that? Is your post about that?

Why you should be banned lol? If you play like normal player and even if you are just little bit toxic sometimes, you are completely fine. All you have to do is be good team mate most of the time. And you dont have to fear few reports or ban at all.

I played over 11000 comp games, i one trick often, i have salty or toxic comments occasionaly. I have never neen even silenced or had notification about toxicity.

All these people who cry about being banned were banned for a reason. Toxicity, game sabotage, generaly speaking for being terrible team mate.

nope most bans are un just completely automated and un-reversable

the inmates run the asylum

and also pointless to play this game when accounts get shut down for simply playing on ladder

also just because you have had one kind of experience doesn’t mean others have had the same

I dont care if they are automated or not, but players who are being banned deserve it in 99,99% cases.

Of course and I explained that. Did you not read it? Play as good team mate and you are safe from being banned. I was never banned because generaly speaking I play as good team mate.

I think that MMR should not exist in competitive play, because it is a handicapping system:

What do you think?

1 Like