Game keeps prompting me to re-select my hero once assemble heroes countdown hits zero

Happens all the time. Irritating as hell.

Happens all the time to me too

I read somewhere in the last couple of weeks that it’s a known bug issue that’s being worked on. Hopefully it’ll be in the anniversary patch on Tuesday.

Cool, thanks.

Like I have selected my hero for 40 strait seconds Blizzard that means I want to play that character :triumph:

1 Like

its been happening to me for months

Yeah, got on last night feeling like playing Baptist while a friend got their silver border, and had to select him 3 times in a row. Every time I come back to this game it’s a bigger and bigger mess.

Happened to me! Many time. I don’t use others programs while OW

It’s in the known issues thread for current patch. Hopefully they’ll have this and the long load times when getting into competitive matches fixed on Tuesday.

1 Like

im pretty sure the long load times are intentional

It’s not it’s a bug.

1 Like

This happens to me relatively often on console as well, so it isn’t a PC exclusive bug. It’s massively annoying, I hope they fix it in the anniversary patch.

Good, I’m nor the only this happening too. Be on the assemble your heroes, I’ll select and wait for the game to start. Once I didn’t even realize it started as it deselected my choice as the match started.

The game doesn’t want you to play Hanzo.

Press ESC, quickest way to re-select I think.

can confirm, that has happened to me on numerous occasions. If I’m recording and I remember I’ll get a clip of it.

Happened to me a couple times last night. It only seems to randomly occur I don’t think it’s an issue triggered by players.

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely random/intermittent… no rhyme or reason.

It’s not even that big an issue in the grand scheme of things… just aggravating if you don’t notice and someone else grabs the hero you thought you’d already selected.

This bug is annoying, but even worse is how long it takes for a comp game to start now. Gives us way less time to select our hero before its time to get into position.

It’s a known bug.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/1-35-1-known-issues-list/341651

Near the bottom:

Misc.

• POTG can get cut off early.
  • Sometimes players have to select their hero twice during a game setup.
1 Like