Game keeps kicking my off the server (Since Pachimari event)

Like I said, everything was ok before the Pachimari update dropped.

Now I’m frequently kicked off the server a few seconds into a match. Enemies and teammates stop moving (Even freezing in mid-air if they were in the middle of a jump) and I can’t even leave the game. I have to quit to desktop.

This has been going on since late March and it’s infuriating. Please advise how to solve this.

P.S. gaming with a VPN is not an option since there is a packet loss of 53% when using a VPN. The VPN method creates more problems than it solves.

1 Like

Assistance with connection issues requires network test data. Please add that.

Make sure the disconnection is caught in the WinMTR.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.100.1 - 0 | 393 | 393 | 1 | 1 | 72 | 1 |

| 58-65-175-241.nayatel.pk - 0 | 393 | 393 | 2 | 5 | 48 | 3 |

| 172.16.32.133 - 1 | 389 | 388 | 3 | 5 | 50 | 4 |

| 58-65-175-62.nayatel.pk - 1 | 385 | 383 | 3 | 4 | 49 | 4 |

| 58-65-175-82.nayatel.pk - 0 | 393 | 393 | 3 | 4 | 49 | 5 |

| 203.135.5.69 - 0 | 393 | 393 | 22 | 23 | 56 | 23 |

| No response from host - 100 | 79 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| 99.82.180.224 - 0 | 393 | 393 | 41 | 43 | 97 | 43 |

| 150.222.7.35 - 1 | 389 | 388 | 41 | 44 | 64 | 44 |

| 52.93.69.49 - 0 | 393 | 393 | 41 | 43 | 75 | 43 |

| 52.93.133.156 - 1 | 385 | 383 | 51 | 53 | 75 | 72 |

| 52.93.226.154 - 1 | 385 | 383 | 51 | 54 | 206 | 54 |

| 52.93.226.167 - 0 | 393 | 393 | 50 | 52 | 89 | 54 |

| 52.93.226.98 - 0 | 393 | 393 | 51 | 54 | 91 | 59 |

| 52.93.226.89 - 1 | 382 | 379 | 51 | 53 | 71 | 54 |

| 52.93.227.64 - 1 | 389 | 388 | 51 | 53 | 71 | 53 |

|____________|||||||

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

1 Like

Did you disconnect during this test?

Nope. The game kept running and I was able to walk freely around the map. I couldn’t do anything else though. All the enemies were frozen in mid-air and my attacks did nothing. It seemed the game didn’t even register that I was firing my weapon, because my clip would go back to being full a second after firing.

I kept it going for 5 minutes, because it was Skirmish, otherwise I probably would have been kicked for staying still for too long, as has happened in the past (The game thinks I’m standing still, even though I am moving).

Btw, this was a PVP game of Skirmish, and not one that I hosted myself.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the custom games and the skirmishes are deprioritized servers, so they don’t provide the correct IP to run tests to in the Netgraph. Additionally, the WinMTR looks pretty good. Are you also seeing SIM spikes in the netgraph during this time? They would be white spikes/blocks. Those are related to hardware processing.

I ran Overwatch again and encountered the problem after like 10 mins in-game.

There were no white spikes/blocks in the Netgraph however, once the problem reared its head, I opened the Netgraph and there were huge yellow spikes along with consistent yellow/orange blocks.

I don’t know what that means but I hope it helps in diagnosing what the problem is.

Those are related to connection problems, but they’re not showing up in the tests. This means it’s likely related to something on the home network or the PC, like a quality of service setting, or network optimization software (like KillerNIC).

So what should I do to fix it ?

Also, I’ve been lurking on the forums and it seems the issue is somewhat common.

Are you only disconnecting in PVE modes?

No. It happens in almost every mode I’ve played recently. QP, QP Classic, 3v3 Elim, 4v4 Deathmatch. Happens in Archives too, as well as some game browser games.

1 Like

Just to double-check, you’ve done the basics like rebooting all of the network equipment?

Otherwise, these steps may help:

Additionally, it could just be an overload on the network card in the PC. If you can’t track down anything mentioned in that thread, can you add your DxDiag and MSInfo here? Post them on Pastebin.com or controlc.com and provide the end of the link in a reply.

1 Like

I will do that but I just want to point out that I don’t get a “Connection Error” message or a red icon. The game doesn’t even tell me that anything is wrong or I’ve been booted. The things around me (Enemies, teammates, weapons, abilities, etc) just stop working. I can’t even leave the game manually, I have to exit to desktop. Either that, or the game finally boots me, not for connection issues but for staying inactive for too long.

Edit : Here are the file’s links you requested

DxDiag : controlc 463d9706

MSInfo : controlc a4ba4032

I understand, but those steps would still apply in this case.

Drive: C:
Free Space: 64.3 GB
Total Space: 311.1 GB

Drive: D:
Free Space: 7.3 GB
Total Space: 25.6 GB

Drive: F:
Free Space: 35.7 GB
Total Space: 600.0 GB

I see most of your hard drives have very limited space. Not saying this is related, but they can’t perform optimally without 12-15% free.

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Haste\UserEdgeService.exe

I see some interesting errors in the report related to connection stuff, like one from Haste VPN. This could absolutely cause the issue you’re seeing, so if you’re not intentionally using this, make sure the background process is terminated.

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe

The Intel Rapid Storage utility is crashing, which can cause problems with the game responding if it’s trying to sync those directories.

Another disk utility is crashing, the Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 (IObit). This could be contributing.

Problem signature:
P1: explorer.exe

There are also some Windows system-level errors from Explorer.exe (the shell that controls everything visually represented in Windows). Because of this, I recommend a system file check.

Finally, there are a crazy amount of errors from RealPlayer trying to update in the background. Because of this, I recommend closing all background apps.

Edit: If you still find yourself at a dead end after all of this, please open a ticket with the staff and point them to this thread. (And let me know how it goes or if anything resolves it.)

The free space on my disks has been lower in the past yet the game functioned okay. Nonetheless, I freed up some space to see if that would fix the issue. It didn’t.

Haste is not the issue because the problem preceded me downloading Haste. In fact. I only downloaded Haste because I read on another thread that using Haste might fix the issue. It didn’t.

Did it. System said everything was ok. Didn’t fix the issue.

RealPlayer was already uninstalled but I went forward and even deleted the setup. Didn’t solve the issue.

Other than that, I tried low latency fixes recommended by Blizzard (Updating network drivers, flushing DNS, resetting routers, etc). Nothing is working at all.

I guess I’ll be opening a ticket now with Blizzard. Thank you for all the help and effort. It’s unfortunate that nothing worked.

Edit : What category would my problem be classified in when submitting a ticket ?

Just performance problem under technical issues.

I am having the Exact Same issue SINCE Since Pachimari event and the only way i can play without problem is one of my friends pays for Vpn Every Month and i borrowed it from him and i feel bad but that’s the only Option Having the EXACT same issue nothing more nothing less Enemies Froze , Teammates froze its like you lost Connection but you didn’t and when you Tab Out of the game and then Tab in , While you are Tabbed Out some things starts to work and stuff and when you Tab in People are in a Different Spots when they were stuck last time it happens to me like every match or every second Match 100% and i was in the forums Before looking for a post maybe someone else have the same problem and here i am i saw the title of it (Since Pachimari Event ) i was like that’s the one Even if you stay in a practice range for like 1 min to 5 mins that the lag happens and you can’t quit the game you can’t leave the practice range … AND You can! TALk in Chat btw Chat Works it also happened to me in a Custom game where i was the Owner of the Custon and i Could Give the owner to someone else while i was stuck in that lag and then i Quit to Desktop so Yea Only solution is VPN and Free Vpns are imo not Safe or not that good and i really don’t wanna use my friend’s Vpn but i don’t have any other choice Sadly . it happens in Practice Range/Quickplay/QpClassic/Everything like Customs/ Ranked

1 Like

Man When you find a Solution for this or any News can you please Let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

TheSARS you Found a solution, if no then how do you play Overwatch … can you tell me man i an stuck don’t know what to do and so annoyed when i see that problem while playing

1 Like

No solution yet. I’m talking to Overwatch support to try and find out what’s causing this issue. I’ll let you know if anything happens.

1 Like