Game is lagging after Summer Event Update

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem? I have random FPS drops every 2-6 seconds form 60 to 47-55, looks like a little freeze. It makes the game unplayable for me and it has nothing to do with my internet connection. I thought maybe it’s the servers? Well i’m really clueless… HELP

2 Likes

it’s not just you, seems to be most people (including myself)

I have a Ryzen 5 1600x, 32GB of DDR4-3000 and a AMD RX 5700 XT; specs that should just devour this game, and it’s unplayable for me at the moment

my other computer, which has an i7 6700k, 16GB of DDR4 and a GTX 1070 runs the game much better by comparison, but still suffers some performance drops that were not present prior to the Summer Games update.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. I thought my PC was overheating or something because as soon as I started playing Overwatch I noticed I was getting little stutters every 5-10 seconds.

Something about the summer update is causing performance issues on both PC and console.

It happens for me every time a message comes up eg: ‘hello’ or ‘group up with me’ or when someone changes hero. It gets worse and worse as you keep on playing matches .

1 Like

Yes, this is happening with me too. Even in Competitive matches. And as far as I’ve noticed it’s not the FPS Drop instead it is the Round Trip time (RTT) - shown as IND:20ms on the top left corner if you have it turned on. So if this thing spikes beyond 20 ms, you will experience lag.

1 Like

I’m wondering, is your OS Windows 10 on both computers?

Yeah, Windows 10 Pro 1903 on both.