Game Froze During play

Game froze in a teamfight I could hear the VOIP but the screen was frozen and I quit out to try to rejoin, came back and was told I was suspended for 8min. I’m pretty sure the game wasn’t over. So I should’ve been able to rejoin.

1 Like

The same has happened to me and several others since patch. Blizz devs silent on it thus far ofc. I’ve never had DC, crash, or freeze issues prior to the most recent patch. Since then, I have experienced my game freezing going into the map/prior to hero selection (I can still hear the music play all the way through/sounds of my team in spawn but cannot see anything), I have also experienced my game crashing right after dying - it just freezes on my death, I’m still hearing the game and in VC, but my game won’t do anything.

In both instances, the only way to fix the issue is having to do a hard reboot. I cannot even Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to Task Manager to force stop the game.

Drivers are all up to date, no background programs, downloads, overlay issues, etc. Scanned & repaired OW via Blizzard client and problem still persists.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GTX960M
Windows 10 (64 bit)
16GB RAM

People losing SR and being banned…super not fair…

1 Like

I was able to get out and alt tab the game to close.

I played the game a lot yesterday and didn’t experience this.

I’m on windows 10 btw

1 Like