Game freezing when joining map

Over the past few days I have experienced an issue in the Quick Play queue where my game freezes on the map loading screen. Once I was able to hit Escape and leave game but every other time the game is entirely unresponsive and I have to end the program. This has resulted in me receiving a warning that “Repeatedly leaving matches early will result in a penalty.” I’m really upset because I value community standards in OW and I play almost every day so it would be devastating to have my account standing impacted by something I have no control over.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me. Really hope this is fixed soon, as I have lost SR twice now due to this bug.

1 Like

I have lost like 400 Sr because of this bug yesterday and today, i got bored and after 3 good matches the game glitched out again this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to me i have lost so much Sr that i was close to plat before the glitches, but i am now close to falling into silver, i have also been banned for 8 hours now, I’m done; not playing this game again till an event or something since there is no point to play in this patch.

1 Like

Same issues here. It happened once and it suspended me from comp for awhile. :unamused:

1 Like

Also happening to me. I’ve never had DC, crash, or freeze issues prior to the most recent patch. Since then, I have experienced my game freezing going into the map/prior to hero selection (I can still hear the music play all the way through/sounds of my team in spawn but cannot see anything), I have also experienced my game crashing right after dying - it just freezes on my death, I’m still hearing the game and in VC, but my game won’t do anything.

In both instances, the only way to fix the issue is having to do a hard reboot. I cannot even Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to Task Manager to force stop the game.

Drivers are all up to date, no background programs, downloads, overlay issues, etc. Scanned & repaired OW via Blizzard client and problem still persists.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GTX960M
Windows 10 (64 bit)
16GB RAM

1 Like

it is not you, it is the new patch. Been like that for a week and we have 0 replies from blizzard.

Happens during games aswell and not only between rounds/maps