Game Freezing and Crashing After Latest Patch (Compendium) First week of May 2018

It hasn’t happened since running the repair tool. But I’m still holding my breath. I was fine for days and it randomly happened twice yesterday. I also don’t have any of the video cards that have been mentioned. I’m on a fairly new laptop.

I’ve also been experiencing weird lag spikes since Rialto and my internet is definitely fine

1 Like

For that error I would go here:

1 Like

Edit: worked like a charm though i really dont get how nvidea released a driver that uninstalled itself if you left your cpu on… feelsweirdman lol

2 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear it’s working, thanks for the update!

1 Like

Any idea what the 500mb patch i just got is? i assume maybe a fix for this issue and other things but idk.

3 Likes

I’ve not seen it yet today. If it’s a fix that would be pretty cool, hopefully there’s some patch notes we can read.

yeah got 500mb update too

1 Like

probably only pink skin for mercy :smiley:

I’ve used the repair tool yesterday and just to be sure I have also uninstalled Razer Synapse completely and disabled Discord overlay just to be safe.

So far no crashes at all.

1 Like

I saw in another thread “Localization files” were fixed in this update. Does that help us?

Yep, that’s what it is. A new Breast Cancer Awareness skin for Mercy. It’s a $15 USD donation to unlock it:

(If the patch does anything else I’m not sure)

I mean, I really don’t know. It’s probably still a little early to expect a hotfix to have been made, tested, and uploaded, if there is going to be a hotfix.

1 Like

Since yesterday I’ve disabled all my overlays, reinstalled my drivers as instructed above, reset the game setting and then repaired the client. Been going a few hours today with no problems at all. Hopefully there’s simpler path soon but those steps were able to fix my constant crashes.

1 Like

By the way, if you are experiencing crashes after buying/trying to buy the new skin, there is a fix on the way:

Is this going to address the other crashing going on?

I’ve had it happen again, right as a POTG started (mine! RIP).

This is a crash of Overwatch, not the video drivers or anything.

What can I provide to help?

1 Like

Have you tried disabling overlays as detailed in this post? I’m not sure if the fix for the mercy skin issue will affect us in any way. I’d also try the other things suggested in that guide.

I’ve looked it over, I’ll grab a process dump next time if I can. Its a full lock though the 2 times its happened.

1 time when I tried to alt-tab.
1 time as i hit screenshot.

1 Like

What you’re experiencing is pretty similar to the problems others are having. Hopefully it’s just an overlay issue that you can disable pretty easily.

What is this exactly? I’m not using the Razer apps or anything if thats what you are referring too.

EDIT: I’m on AMD card as well btw.

Overlays are apps that can run on top of your game. Shadow Play is a popular one as it let’s you record your gameplay. Discord is another, it shows you who’s talking in the upper left of the screen. Steam has one where you can access your friends, the store and various other thing while you’re in-game. There’s others but those are three that I’m pretty familiar with.

Edit, I believe amd also has an overlay, but I’m not familiar with it.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m pretty sure I dont have any of those active, I’m a bit crazy about not having stuff running in the background. :]

(This Mercy skin patch also wiped out my POTG, I’m sad)

1 Like