Game ends, quit game, start game

Thanks for that useful post. It’s interesting to see how many people in that post reinforced my opinion of the “end of round flow”, including one that said they’d prefer the voting be completely removed if it got them to the next game quicker.

I just said it’s not even a minute, so there’s no reason to discuss for this. :grin:

Yeah, if the match was horrible, I want out NOW.

A button to leave when finished would be nice so you don’t accidentally leave before EXP and get a leaver penalty. Just bail the very second bailing is available. If the match was awful I want to get out ASAP.

2 Likes

Well, we only get BS lying stats like medals at the end of the game. I typed alot and backspaced, it’s not worth it. Competitive is simply quickplay with a higher diceroll of a CHANCE at teamplay.

You gotta wait at least until POTG is over to leave, otherwise you look incredibly salty.

2 Likes

Yeah cuz i want to wait for the complete defeat while i watch the ATK TORB on my team soaks up the POTG for hammering away on his turret.

1 Like

Regarding streamers, dead times help streamers to speak with their viewers. It’s inconvenient to have OW playing in the background along with their music playlist and at the same time trying to answer questions as fast as you can. For example, xQc does not quit to answer “easy” questions, but he leaves whenever the questions include sensitive content such as criticizing Pros or speaking about OWL. It was a lesson he learnt after Muma incident. Also, a large proportion leaves because they are frustrated from being stomped (which happens regularly in OW), so they use this time to chill down.

Personally I NEVER leave to present to an other player’s happiness. Small things like “wp” for the POTG even if we lost gives courage and promotes positiveness.

1 Like

You already have an option. Click the “Leave Game” button in the upper right corner then click the menu option to requeue. If anything from what I see, the winning team after hangs around watching all the cards and stats while the losing team bails right before the “DEFEAT” or during the PotG.

Twitch streamers are a very very small fraction of the player base. Just because this less than 1% of people do something doesn’t mean everyone wants it like that.

This is like how Bliz say they are increasing Shield bash CD by 20%

There is a LOT of downtime in this game. It’s why my sister and I greatly enjoy Custom Games. No long downtime, no long queue times… Kinda sad how they boast about 40mil players, but the queue times really don’t reflect it. They should really display the number of online players in-game so we know whether or not queuing will get us a game fast or not. V:

2 Likes

I found the article:
linkhttps://www.dbltap.com/posts/6017345-jeff-kaplan-states-leaving-overwatch-end-screen-doesn-t-queue-faster

Edit: Gromnus found it too. Nice work!

My life is precious, and priceless.
I want every second to make an impact.

https://img.memecdn.com/the-new-y-o-l-o_o_931140.jpg

What OP claims to be the problem:

“We spent too much time waiting ingame for the end stuff to resolve itself.”

What the ACTUAL problem is:

We end up waiting too long to get to play the game whenever a round actually starts.

• 30 sec pointless hero selection screen
  • 1:00+ of waiting in spawn doing nothing/walking to first point on defense when we could have easily just spawned on the point and allow hero changes during a shorter setup phase of 30 secs.

You know why I like Mystery heroes so much? No hero selection screen, meaning I save 30 seconds each match I would have otherwise wasted looking at a screen of 5 people picking dps.

What’s also a problem:

People never care about the end results because they never matter. You don’t need to see your gold medals since you likely already checked them during “DEFEAT”/“VICTORY” anyway, and all of that on a single glance alone instead of waiting for 30 secs. Plus, the voting system still feels like a beta feature since voting doesn’t matter. Most people don’t vote so you won’t even get an epic anymore these days. I actually haven’t even heard a “LEGENDARY” until very recently…the one before that was during beta. Two years of playing and never actually seeing it. Wow, so exciting.

How to fix:

• Scrap hero selection and make people select heroes during setup, then spawn them on first point on Defense and allow them to change heroes at will for the duration of a shortened setup time of 30 secs. Then disable hero switching as soon as the match really starts.
  • Either add a function to the voting system or scrap it. It feels incomplete, like there once used to be an idea behind it that never truly got implemented.
  • Speed up the medal screen at the end of the match since you only care about your summary anyway, if even at all. Either just show the summary, or just rush through the breakdown of all your used heroes during the match.
  • Fix the PotG system so it’s not always the Genji ult that gets it. Makes it more interesting to watch.

Please make it punishable to leave and re-queue at the end of Arcade and QP. I am really tired of having to wait 4-6 minute queues for a 5 minute FFA, only to be thrown into 4-6 minute queue agains because impatient crowd cannot wait for 15 seconds.

Or give a priority in queue for those who do stay.

1 Like

I do.

How is what a streamer does on twitch evidence at all? lmao

Again, it’s a simple thing that is repeated over and over again that could easily be automated. A small fraction of the population is what’s called a “sample” and it helps to determine the overall characteristics of a larger group. If you don’t want it, that could easily be remedied by not checking the box that says “don’t waste my time”.