Game ends, quit game, start game

Dear Devs,
Nobody watches the garbage at the end of the game. Need evidence? Watch Twitch pros. The game ends, they quit the game, and immediately jump into searching for another game.
So give us an option to just immediately jump into searching for game instead of making us do this manually. Or better yet, automatically start searching for a game while this junk is playing so it’s not completely wasted time.
Please… let us play your game. Why do you work so hard to keep us out of a round?

7 Likes

Omg the horror of manually leaving a match D:

33 Likes

I’d definitely check the ‘skip match end sequence’ box if there was one.

Unless someone did something amazing that I want to see in the POTG, I’m out.

1 Like

30 Likes

Try to comprehend that it happens after every match. Normally people want a streamlined experience, but if you don’t, feel free to not check the box.

I think this would be nice. Getting wiped would feel a lot better if we started the next round right after😂

Agreed that there’s no incentive to watch the PotG and take part in voting etc. I leave some and stay for some, depending on my mood at the time.

The best solution IMO would be to requeue you the instant the after-match starts, and inform you the moment a new match is available so you can join it if you press E (or whatever you bind it to). If you choose to stay for the after-match show even though a match popped, you’re moved to the front of the line for a game afterward if you relist right away.

Tell me why a you think a meme is a reasonable reply to this. Clearly you can’t form your own thoughts.

Didn’t Jeff address this once and explained that the game is taking time to ‘resolve’ your stats and performance during the end game sequence? Leaving the game during the end game sequence and immediately rejoining the queue doesn’t mean you get a game faster; you still have to wait for the previous game to resolve itself, and then you start the new game at the same time as if you had stayed for the end game sequence. So I think you just end up sitting in the queue looking at a blank screen if you left early while your game resolves anyway. (Does any of that make sense? Sorry if I explained it badly)

10 Likes

'twas a joke my friend, my honest opinion is there are more pressing things that need changing in this game then pandering to impatient people, proper colourblind mode for one example

3 Likes

if you can wasted 10 mins of your live playing games then you can waste another 1 to wait for that

3 Likes

Rather than starting the next round right away, I’d prefer something of an incentive for staying after the round more than anything if anything were to be done. Something like… a few bits of gold, or perhaps some additional exp.

But I just enjoy staying after the round, talking to who’s left, voting, and watching Play of the Game. I think it’s a shame that so many people are too impatient, especially if they’re already playing the game for so many hours a day.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look that up. That’s a good reason, I suppose. I would have programmed it differently. I’m not sure what needs to be resolved at the end of the match.
I will say that it takes me at least 30 seconds to join another game regardless if I leave or stay. Staying in the end game sequence doesn’t seem to shorten the length of the queue.
Anyway, constructive answer, I’ll look for more info about that.

It’s not even 1 minute!!! :laughing::ok_hand:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/leaving-game-when-seeing-defeat-or-victory/48677/8?u=gromnus-1982

7 Likes

Where do you draw the line? 2 minutes? 5? Most people would rather play the game if they could. Even if it is only one minute, it’s 1 minute out of 10 that the match lasts. Literally 10% of your time is waiting for an arbitrary voting mechanism to finish.

Automatic requeue toggle + “Are you ready?” confirmation dialogue when a game is found = fix that fits everyone

Devs: “But we put so much work into this cool screen! PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE US”

Naysayers need to realize that sometimes people get hit with a random game suspension for “leaving early”.

I actually just stay to get consecutive XP… or to allow time to run to grab snacks. :thinking:

3 Likes

While i dont think Potg’s and the commendation process should be skipped. I do think You should be able to immediately search for another game during all of it.

1 Like