Game drops out at start of match

Hi, Just wondering if I could have some help with this issue.
When i start a comp game, a lot of the time it will say disconnected from server right before its about to enter the game. Luckily most of the time im sitting at the computer watching and i can quickly press rejoin and it doesn’t result in the game ending. Its very frustrating though and I now have a warning on the screen saying if I keep leaving matches early I’ll be banned.
It is nothing to do with my internet either because I never disconnect from games mid game or anything its always at the start. My connection speed is quality too.

Not disconnecting mid game or internet speed doesn’t mean it can’t be your internet. Some providers sometimes have issues with the servers sometimes.
I think eventually an MVP will ask for your DxDiag (Common Technical Issues and Solutions, What to do if you need more help) so meanwhile you can both get that and Scan and Repair your game to see if it works (Overwatch Tab in battlenet > Options > Scan and Repair).

When creating a new thread about a connection issue, please include a WinMTR so members of the community can help you troubleshoot.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

This data request is for players connecting in the Americas or Oceania regions. Players connecting to European servers should post their test data in the EU forum for troubleshooting.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc., so you can post them.